Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 4:22:51 PM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/09/07/toyota-courts-latinos-free-hispanic-pride-stickers/

TORRANCE, Calif. –  Toyota Motor Corp., hoping to solidify its standing as the top brand for Hispanic buyers in the U.S., is offering drivers a series of stickers that celebrates their Hispanic heritage.

The decals contain the phrase "somos muchos," or "we are many," followed by cultures, regions and popular descriptors from all over Latin America, such as "somos muchos Mexicanos" and "somos muchos Hondurenos." The decals, designed to be stuck on bumpers or windows, come in more than 100 different versions and are available in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.

Toyota is offering the stickers free on the Spanish-language version of its Facebook page. It's also distributing them at upcoming festivals in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Miami, New York and Chicago.

Toyota is the top brand among Hispanic buyers in the U.S., according to vehicle registration data gathered by R.L. Polk and Associates. The automaker says it has held that title since 2004.

In a recent speech to the National Council of La Raza, Toyota President Yoshi Inaba said one of every four Hispanic car buyers in the U.S. bought a Toyota last year.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Dupe and aren't you a drama queen, OP...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Where's my "We are One" sticker in English?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
sweet more crap for thier back window!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I drive a Toyota.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Am I the only Puertorican that sees that crap as stupid?  Seriously...

Then again; I drive a Nissan.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#6]

It's okay Odie, someone will be along shortly with the "ARFCOM Toyota Bumper Sticker Bastardization Contest".
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, guess I bought my one and only Yota.

Companies should stay out of politics.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#8]
They should offer a sticker with your last name in old English calligraphy. Maybe even a rooster or scorpion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top