Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 11:36:11 AM EDT
I'm looking for the bolt face logo of ARFcom. I need it to be not too big, but a decent size. Anyone have one they'd be willing to share?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I got mine of Google

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
So I'm trying to put the Bolt Face Logo as a custom tag on a game. I have it down to 100X75 and the game is saying the pixel limit is 256. How do I make this work?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]
sounds like that 256 number pertains to the color limit

jpg images store thousands of colors

you need to convert it to the right format - probably GIF, which limits the colors to 256

what game, what file types are supported?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I really don't think they'd care since he's not making money off of it.

Free advertising for them, if anything.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

you need to convert it to the right format - probably GIF, which limits the colors to 256

It says JPEG is supported and it's Day of Defeat: Source

This is the image I'm trying to do. I had it alot smaller but returned it to normal so I could save it for my background.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
So I'm trying to put the Bolt Face Logo as a custom tag on a game. I have it down to 100X75 and the game is saying the pixel limit is 256. How do I make this work?
I believe the site owners have the BFL copyrighted.  I can't answer your technical question but I'm pretty sure you should run it by the Avilas.

You cannot copyright a logo unless it has sufficient authorship, a face of a bolt that is 100% identical to the face of a real m16 bolt has no authorship/artistic individuality..

if the the "bolt face logo" is copyrighted, the copyright office fucked up bigtime
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I believe the site owners have the BFL copyrighted.  I can't answer your technical question but I'm pretty sure you should run it by the Avilas.

You cannot copyright a logo unless it has sufficient authorship, a face of a bolt that is 100% identical to the face of a real m16 bolt has no authorship/artistic individuality..

if the the "bolt face logo" is copyrighted, the copyright office fucked up bigtime

ruh roh

(points to the little R with the circle around it)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

ruh roh

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not (and we have had this discussion before)

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

My guess is the Avilas are trying to protect their interpretation of something that is in the public domain.

Emphasis on "their interpretation" since it's a very tough-to-interpret gray area.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:21:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ruh roh

Great... another thread arguing whether the BFL is copyright protected or not... this will go at least five pages...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a vector copy with some alterations. They have their version copyrighted.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/Avandir/BFLogo8.jpg This is the image I'm trying to do. I had it alot smaller but returned it to normal so I could save it for my background.

It would take me some time, but I could do you up a BFL where all that appears is the BFL and the rest of it is transparent. Shoot me a PM and I can start working on it if you'd like.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a vector copy with some alterations. They have their version copyrighted.

ok so then the copyright office decided their minute alterations made it copyrightable.. OP there are a number of m16 bolt face pictures/outlines/graphics out there. try google images.

bam, solved, no 5 pages of whether it's copyrighted or not
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/Avandir/BFLogo8.jpg This is the image I'm trying to do. I had it alot smaller but returned it to normal so I could save it for my background.

well... this has "indexed" colors down to 256 - might work...  100x75

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#18]
And thanks to JINXR who gave me the pic.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not 100% identical so it can be copyrighted. It's a unique design and is different then an actual boltface.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

well... this has "indexed" colors down to 256 - might work...  100x75

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/arf_zuuk/boltFace_tiny.jpg

Didn't work but thanks for the effort.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#21]
AGNTSA
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
AGNTSA

Eh?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Try this one as its a smaller file....

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Said the pic is corrupt.

Fuck it, I'm tired of messing with it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's what I did. I'll send them to you shortly.

They've been tested in DOD and worked fine.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Here's what I did. I'll send them to you shortly.

They've been tested in DOD and worked fine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/greyfox24/BFLinDOD1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/greyfox24/BFLinDOD2.jpg

Glad someone got it for em.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Request handled, explanation given, game over.  :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top