Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 11:21:49 AM EDT
Well not directly, but L-3 is EOTech's parent company.

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news/?nxd_id=193235

The two firms that make full-body scanners for airports say they've come up with a solution to protect passenger privacy.
  Bloomberg News reports that the naked images of passengers would be replaced with a cartoon-like avatar of a featureless man.
  Parts of the man's body would light up if the scanner spotted something suspicious.
  The upgrades from New York-based L-3 Communications Holdings and California-based OSI Systems must still get the final approval from the Transportation Security Administration.
  The TSA is making a big push to install more full-body scanners in airports across the U.S.
  Roughly a thousand scanners are due at airports by the end of next year.
  The scans will still be option but passengers may face pat-downs if they refuse.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Off to see if my 516 works on college chicks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Take it off the rifle first...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#3]
L-3 has their fingers in a lot of things, it seems. http://www.l3com.com/products-services/

ETA, want a 105mm shotgun? http://www.l3com.com/products-services/productservice.aspx?type=ps&id=906
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#4]
So they don't work?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Damnit someone beat me to it lol Or maybe it's just the Military models. Would come in handy at a checkpoint no?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome advice is awesome.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

L-3 has their fingers in a lot of things, it seems. http://www.l3com.com/products-services/

ETA, want a 105mm shotgun? http://www.l3com.com/products-services/productservice.aspx?type=ps&id=906

Sporting purpose exemption?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Doh.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#10]
They make a lot of avionics equipment also.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#11]
cartoon or not, they'll still be storing images,  there will be a "closer look" or "override" or "zoom" button that the 5.75 an hour TSA goon can use to get the full view when there is a hot chick like the wife in the scanner, which they will then take pictures of and show to all their friends.

they'll tell you there isn't, but there will be. Just like when they said the images didn't store or they couldn't be printed. Then they were found out to both be storing them and have the ability to print them.

I won't send my wife in one of those things. Ever.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess I will start boycotting EOtech
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Put it on the knock out dart gun.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sporting purpose exemption?

Depending on spread, one could take down a large group of pheasants with that thing... that is if they don't fly away while you're still a mile away because of the noise made by your Stryker vehicle...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Doh.

Dibs on the firearms that the cops don't take.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
cartoon or not, they'll still be storing images,  there will be a "closer look" or "override" or "zoom" button that the 5.75 an hour TSA goon can use to get the full view when there is a hot chick like the wife in the scanner, which they will then take pictures of and show to all their friends.

they'll tell you there isn't, but there will be. Just like when they said the images didn't store or they couldn't be printed. Then they were found out to both be storing them and have the ability to print them.

I won't send my wife in one of those things. Ever.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Put it on the knock out dart gun.

Are you going to go all human-centipede on your new pets? (avatar)

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I have been through these $10MM machines, why are we still subjected to a 100% pat down if they are capable of such revealing resolution?

Check out Boston Logan, where by the way if the TSA was doing their job 9 years ago we wouldn't ...well I'll leave it at that!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#19]
They make the camera system in my patrol car as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Doh.

Dibs on the firearms that the cops don't take.

Oddly enough, I'm one of the few people I can think of that has been talking to a police officer on campus with more than one firearm in plain sight in my vehicle (as a student) and had no repercussions from it. It helps that I was involved heavily last year with a DNR-approved deer hunt inside of city limits, so we had what were essentially get out of jail free cards because university property was included in the DNR writeup (and campus police were given the heads up first). Out of the 40 or so people involved, only myself and one other weren't judges, firemen, or LEO.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Check out Boston Logan, where by the way if the TSA was doing their job 9 years ago we wouldn't ...well I'll leave it at that!

There was no TSA nine years ago

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome advice is awesome.

No keep it on.
What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

They make a lot of avionics equipment also.

My company just finished building a fire station at a local airport and every surrounding hangar and building is L3.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top