Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 7:42:54 AM EDT
I think im going to go with the USGI gortex system. I like that I can layer it for different climates and levels of activities, the fact that its light weigtht, super durable, and affordable.

I have a USMC Gortex parka and gortex pants. Now I need a fleece. Will fleece keep you warm when it is wet? I am thinking about getting a GI Polartech 300 weight fleece. Any better options in the 50 dollar price range? Might go with a current army one as they are cheaper.

I think the only other piece is the long under wear top and bottom. How good is milspec? I noticed the milspec long underwear is on the expensive side b.c of demand. Where can I get possibly waterproof or warm when wet, extremly warm yet light weight long under wear. I would wear this layer in extreme cold -20 to -40 with heavy wind. For moving I am good to go with a gortex shell and cammies. For standing still I am usually good with the fleece. I want the long under wear for super cold stagnent moments.

I have no experiance with the fleece 300 weight bottom insulators that go on top of your cammies and long under wear. How good are they?

Finally I am looking for a gortex waterproof set of glooves and face mask. Im thinking seal skinz and mittens for on top.

Anything I missed?

What are you using and why?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top