Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 7:17:18 AM EDT
I broke both my tibula and fibula just above the ankle last year. Have medical insurance. And the doctor put a titanium rod in thru my knee and consequently I've had knee issues. brother broke his leg in the same place and he got fixed up with screws and a plate. Was talking with a friends neighbor who is a doctor and her response was ”oh my god”. And she thinks the doc went for the more invasive and expensive surgery because I have insurance not because it was best for me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#1]
You should talk to a doctor first, other than the one who did the procedure and have them review your case.

I suspect you would have a very hard time litigating this.

What your neighbors think, what your brother's treatment was, etc. have little bearing. Breaks in the same locations are not the same thing as identical breaks.

For example, I broke my instep sparing a few years back. It was a horizontal break, not a vertical one. This caused a bunch of complications compared to someone I knew who had also broken their instep, except their break was vertical.

All breaks are not equal, everyone is different in how they are built.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:22:12 AM EDT
[#2]
One would think that he provided a higher standard of care?

Shit happens man, if the procedure was done correctly, I don't see the tort.

This is why we cannot have nice things.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#3]
See another doc before you make any kind of decision. Just "talking to" a lady down the street who just happens to be a doc doesn't really tell you jack.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You should talk to a doctor first, other than the one who did the procedure and have them review your case.

I suspect you would have a very hard time litigating this.

What your neighbors think, what your brother's treatment was, etc. have little bearing. Breaks in the same locations are not the same thing as identical breaks.

For example, I broke my instep sparing a few years back. It was a horizontal break, not a vertical one. This caused a bunch of complications compared to someone I knew who had also broken their instep, except their break was vertical.

All breaks are not equal, everyone is different in how they are built.

Real good advise.Take it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:31:10 AM EDT
[#5]
No.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:31:21 AM EDT
[#6]
That seems like quite the assumption.

There could have been very different circumstances in your break, from your brother's incident.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One would think that he provided a higher standard of care?

Shit happens man, if the procedure was done correctly, I don't see the tort.

This is why we cannot have nice things.

I had thought it kinda strange that my break was just above the ankle yet they went thru my knee and did nothing for the tibula and essentially just left it broken. The physical therapy from the knee also just happened to be thru his private practice.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I would guess that you'd have a difficult time finding a lawyer worth his salt that would take the case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top