Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 6:54:02 AM EDT
I just put six new/remanufactured injectors in the wife's car. One of the damned things is "dead" now, no resistance at all between the two connector terminals. Now I have to take all that shit back off/replace the injector/put it all back together in the fucking rain. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Ouch!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:00:23 AM EDT
[#2]
It's been one thing after another. After I replaced the injectors last week, I drove it around a little(ran great, btw) until it overheated on me. No biggie, had an air bubble in the block and both the cooling fan fuses had blown. Bled the air out, replace the fuses, now it's fine again....until yesterday when I started it up and could tell it was missing on one cylinder...then the injector circuit code came up. I'm hoping the open circuit didn't short the board in the PCM.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Good luck!!

I hate it when one problem is solved and others seem to then pile up.  Pain in the butt!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#5]
On a positive note:

Those who can, do.  Those who can't, write a check.

At least you're saving yourself some cash you can later spend on hookers and blow!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you check the injectors first with a noid light?
NVM - reread the post and they ran good for a week then died. That sucks.
Sorry bout the rain thing. At least it's not 5 below and snowing...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#7]
never buy a landrover. this is what you have to put up with on a daily basis.. things work then they dont work.. then cascading of breaking things..
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did you check the injectors first with a noid light?
NVM - reread the post and they ran good for a week then died. That sucks.
Sorry bout the rain thing. At least it's not 5 below and snowing...

Nope, don't have one(I'm looking for one though).
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Been there, done that.  You have my sympathies.  I'd lend patience but I'm going to need it tonight when I have the wonderful choice of doing some plumbing or fixing a couple of minor but irritating issues with the primary family vehicle.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I guess my question is why are you changing them in the first place?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I guess my question is why are you changing them in the first place?

One or two of them on bank one was leaking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top