Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 6:27:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:36:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Guess a cop somwhere in Wahsington got tired of it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Mr. Rud might want to invest in a home security system and a dog or two, now that his home has been identified as a good target.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:44:45 AM EDT
[#3]
wasnt there a story similar to this months ago?

no calling dupe, but it is strange to hear two similar stories of stolen 1911s recovered decades later

ETA: not a dupe

other one was returned after 40 years

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1039806

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Not as cool, but an AK I had stolen was recovered by ATF Agent(I shit you not) Michael Moore. He called me at home three years after it was stolen in Maryland and told me they recovered it in a sting they ran in New Jersey.

When I answered the phone and the agent told me his name was Michael Moore I thought it was one of my buddies messing with me. They have a history of some wild pranks. I said, "yeah, good one asshole, Michael Moore?" That's when he read my my SS# and a bunch of personal information.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Guess a cop somwhere in Wahsington got tired of it.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:03:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Not as cool, but an AK I had stolen was recovered by ATF Agent(I shit you not) Michael Moore. He called me at home three years after it was stolen in Maryland and told me they recovered it in a sting they ran in New Jersey.

When I answered the phone and the agent told me his name was Michael Moore I thought it was one of my buddies messing with me. They have a history of some wild pranks. I said, "yeah, good one asshole, Michael Moore?" That's when he read my my SS# and a bunch of personal information.

oops!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:05:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

oops!

I have friends just like yours.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Goins said he was surprised when a Lakewood, Wash.,

Goins would not be surprised if he had ever visited Lakehood.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#9]

You would think pawnshops would run it through the FBI registry.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#10]
My dad's .45 ACP Colt was stolen the Saturday before Xmas, 1986 in Seattle.    I wonder if it will ever be recovered.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You would think pawnshops would run it through the FBI registry.

How do you think it was found?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top