Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 6:03:19 AM EDT
Congressional Meeting on "Firearms in Commerce"

I wonder what the lame-duck Democrat Congress will ram through before the term expires.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:07:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Whom would we write to about this....?????  Leahy - a rabid anti gunner - is the leader and He calls and schedules the meetings.  This meeting needs as much expose as possible before and during this election cycle.  We need to add fuel to a burning fire - Please encourage and try to get as much coverage of this as possible.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:16:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Whom would we write to about this....?????  Leahy - a rabid anti gunner - is the leader and He calls and schedules the meetings.  This meeting needs as much expose as possible before and during this election cycle.  We need to add fuel to a burning fire - Please encourage and try to get as much coverage of this as possible.

It's on DrudgeReport.  I'm sure the NRA is on it like Michael Moore on a cheeseburger.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Kind of a toss-up.

Rabid anti-gunners v. A+ NRA rated progunners.

committee composition

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Lindsey Graham is on this thing.  Oh no.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#6]
This was something I was afraid of. A little last minute out the door fuck you to conservatives after we vote their asses out in november
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:07:44 AM EDT
[#7]
This was something I was afraid of. A little last minute out the door fuck you to conservatives after we vote their asses out in november
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

you can say that again..
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#9]

So, I'm guessing this will be an excuse to discuss how only tighter restrictions on Second Amendment rights of U.S. Citizens and corporations will hault the Narco War in Mexico.  

Obviously, they will discuss "common sense" gun restrictions that will make it less profitable to be an FFL or perhaps even manufacture arms. They may even entertain an Assault Weapons Ban for good measure.  

There was an ABC article recently running the same old propaganda that 3 out 4 firearms submitted for a trace by the Mexican government are U.S. produced. Of course, they failed to mention that only about 1/3 of the weapons recovered in Mexico have serial numbers to trace and 25% of those still don't turn out to  be made here at all.

Really tired of this Mexico bullshit.  Crime has actually decreased here in the United States of America as firearms ownership has sky rocketed. So now they've got to use crime in a foreign nation as an excuse to take our rights? What's next we need to curtail our right to assemble to prevent the Taliban from doing the same in Pakistan? Makes about as much sense.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#10]
This will never end until progressives are removed from office and control of the power in Washington forever.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#11]
wrong thread
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:06:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I wonder what the lame-duck Democrat Congress will ram through before the term expires.  

not a damn thing.  They won't be able to.  The surviving democrats won't vote for anything in lock step with the ones being fired.  They will be too scared too.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

not a damn thing.  They won't be able to.  The surviving democrats won't vote for anything in lock step with the ones being fired.  They will be too scared too.

Yeah, right.  These are the same Democrats who were too scared to vote for Obamacare.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I think dems saw 0care as a bump in the road, to be quickly forgotten. Turned out to be a sink hole, and they lost their ride in it. Gun control is losing it's do gooder support base. It doesn't bring in votes like it used to, the Brady campaign is almost broke IIRC.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

you can say that again..

I think he already did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top