Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 5:57:02 AM EDT
I thought this was really good and insightfull play/documentary. What I was shocked by was the level of torture done by the Egyptian secret police (I guess). According to the author many if not all of the terrorists whom killed Anwar Sadat were tortured in many ways that we are all familar with, electric shock, beatings, terrorized by dogs. What was new to me was the story where a prisoner was tied nude over a chair and a large dog allowed to fuck him.
This is of course especially bad for a Muslum whom consider dogs to be especially unclean.
The author also mentons that alot of the problems in Saudi Arabia is the separation of men and women at a early age. He points out that Saudi men grow up without the presence of women. The author says 'it's hard to be a terrorist when your girlfriend won't let you'. So young Saudi men have nothing to do, no movies, plays, internet, no women. Their lives are empty and some of them drift into radical Islam to give their lives meaning.  

Has anyone else seen this?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:11:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I watched it last night too. I was thinking about posting the topic as well but wasn't sure how it would be reviewed.

I thought it was excellent and well done. I liked how the guy more or less portrayed himself. He has/had a lot of experience with the Islamic world so he has a more understanding viewpoint but even he can see how fucked up the Muslim extremists are. It's a matter of 'No, you aren't misunderstanding them, they really are a bunch of morons."

I thought it was chilling when he pointed out that it is all going exactly like Bin Laden wants it to.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:14:06 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah, i noticed it was on last night but i didin't watch it.

When it comes on again i'll watch it, sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:15:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellant show that shows islam for what it is.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:15:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm not even sure what you're talking about... gonna have to look into this.

Thanks for the heads up.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:34:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Lawrence Wright is a reporter whom I have never heard of. He has spent alot of time in Muslum countries and is very knowledgable about Islam.    
He wrote a book and is doing a play off Broadway about his experiences and writings.
What really struck me was how he shows that we are doing exactly what Bin Laden wants us to. That is the reduction of civil liberties, wire tappings, secret arrests, rendention, torture, etc.....
He shows how seriousely screwed up the Muslum world is especially Saudi Arabia. I think he really shows that Al Queda are a bunch of ignorant violent savages with no plan other than to destroy. He said that all Muslums know that if Al Quida should come to power, Muslums will suffer first.
He talked to several people whom had been tortured and became extremests because of it.
He also shows that Bin Laden is motivated by humilation, that really drives his personality which I thought was interesting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I thought this was really good and insightfull play/documentary. What I was shocked by was the level of torture done by the Egyptian secret police (I guess). According to the author many if not all of the terrorists whom killed Anwar Sadat were tortured in many ways that we are all familar with, electric shock, beatings, terrorized by dogs. What was new to me was the story where a prisoner was tied nude over a chair and a large dog allowed to fuck him. This is of course especially bad for a Muslum whom consider dogs to be especially unclean.
The author also mentons that alot of the problems in Saudi Arabia is the separation of men and women at a early age. He points out that Saudi men grow up without the presence of women. The author says 'it's hard to be a terrorist when your girlfriend won't let you'. So young Saudi men have nothing to do, no movies, plays, internet, no women. Their lives are empty and some of them drift into radical Islam to give their lives meaning.  

how do you say "TAKE ITTTTT, TAKE ITTTTT" in Egyptian.
a trained sodomy dog. terrorist forced beastiality. i'm strangely comfortable with that.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, the author shows that torture will create a radical Islamic if there was not one before. If a person survives this level of torture mentally and emotionally (and many don't)  they will come out of there a seriousely hardened and determined radical. Better to simply keep them forever or just shoot them.
Some info
Link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top