Posted: 9/8/2010 4:58:53 AM EDT
http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearings/hearing.cfm?id=4771

OFFICIAL HEARING NOTICE / WITNESS LIST:

September 7, 2010

NOTICE OF COMMITTEE HEARING

The Senate Committee on the Judiciary has scheduled a hearing
entitled "Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the
Federal Regulatory Process" for Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:00
a.m. in Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.

By order of the Chairman.
Committee Members

Chairman, D-Vermont

D-Wisconsin

Biography

Ranking Member, R-Alabama

Biography

D-California

Biography

R-Utah

Biography

D-Wisconsin

Biography

R-Iowa

Biography

D-Pennsylvania

Biography

R-Arizona

Biography

D-New York

Biography

R-South Carolina

Biography

D-Illinois

Biography

R-Texas

Biography

D-Maryland

Biography

R-Oklahoma

Biography

D-Rhode Island

Biography

D-Minnesota

Biography

D-Delaware

Biography

D-Minnesota

Biography

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:59:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:03:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:11:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh gee, look.  A couple of "R" who will sell the people out in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:15:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Great....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:15:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Oh gee, look.  A couple of "R" who will sell the people out in a heartbeat.

I'm not so sure Jon Kyl will do that.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:25:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't see anything coming from this before the election and after the election this committee will look a little different, methinks.

Feingold could be gone, Specter is out, and if there is a 50/50 senate split the chairmanship is gone too.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:28:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Is this in reference to the Post's article on cracking down on FFLs and having a fee structure for fines, etc.????
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:34:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh look, chuckles is on the commitee.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:48:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Is this in reference to the Post's article on cracking down on FFLs and having a fee structure for fines, etc.????

Yes.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:50:22 AM EDT
[#10]
it may make it out of committee, but will be filibustered. It will not pass in this political environment.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#11]
yeah, that looks to be fair and balanced form of Government and decision making concerning the SECOND AMENDMENT of th BILL OF RIGHTS
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:15:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Can I have a link to that?

Edit I assume it's http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/06/AR2010090603088.html

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:17:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Only two months left to flex their little muscles...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:27:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's what I am afraid of.

Once they finally realize there is nothing they can do to stop the Republicans
from handing them a severe beating in November, they may try to go for broke
and shove two years of agenda into the next four months.

January can not get here quick enough.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:39:54 AM EDT
[#15]
remember, lots of hogs need feeding....

TXL
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:02:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Headlines like this are the reason why I buy guns through private sale only.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck yeah, too right
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:09:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:36:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't see anything coming from this before the election and after the election this committee will look a little different, methinks.

Feingold could be gone, Specter is out, and if there is a 50/50 senate split the chairmanship is gone too.

But not before they have a lame duck session to fistfuck everyone that just fired their asses.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I have a link to that?

Edit I assume it's http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/06/AR2010090603088.html

Wow, no bias at all in that article.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
yeah, that looks to be fair and balanced form of Government and decision making concerning the SECOND AMENDMENT of th BILL OF RIGHTS

Ditto 8 Demorats & one reluctant Republican is Bi-Partisan ...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will pull the trigger on Firearms restrictions (Federally ) It's in their nature ...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yet I start a thread about this committe and I'm called a troll & rat packed by the Sky will NEVER fall crowd here ...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But not before they have a lame duck session to fistfuck everyone that just fired their asses.

I hint at this in my thread about this committe and you guys rat pack me as a troll ...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hint at this in my thread about this committe and you guys rat pack me as a troll ...

"You guys?" Sorry, man...you ever stop to think that you might be your problem?

You can't t-bag your own credibility every day and expect to be treated like your word is gold. Consequences.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
remember, lots of hogs need feeding....

TXL

wishful thinking .   .   .

7mm
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"You guys?" Sorry, man...you ever stop to think that you might be your problem?

You can't t-bag your own credibility every day and expect to be treated like your word is gold. Consequences.

+1000

Or in mathematical format:

Troll = Troll

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#28]

The ATF cannot fine wayward dealers; its only tool at the moment
involves revoking a miscreant's license. And that happens only about
100 times annually.

ONLY!?! Only 100 times a year? That's a ridiculous number of FFLs revoked.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, Nov-Jan is a long time.  We will be fist and ankle fucked when they lose.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The ATF cannot fine wayward dealers; its only tool at the momentinvolves revoking a miscreant's license. And that happens only about100 times annually.

Maybe, but with over 60,000 FFLs Nationwide? I mean, that's far less than 1%. More like a fifth of a percent. Pretty good behavior, I'd say.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

GOP has the filibuster. As long as the RINOs dont give in.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The ATF cannot fine wayward dealers; its only tool at the momentinvolves revoking a miscreant's license. And that happens only about100 times annually.

Maybe, but with over 60,000 FFLs Nationwide? I mean, that's far less than 1%. More like a fifth of a percent. Pretty good behavior, I'd say.

There used to be over 300,000, and that was within the last 15-20 years.

An 80% decrease in licensed firearms dealers in less than 20 years is not just markets or coincidence, especially when firearms sales have been climbing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

it may make it out of committee, but will be filibustered. It will not pass in this political environment.

Umm, reading is fundamental.  There is nothing to pass.  This is not a bill.  It's just a hearing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh gee, look. A couple of "R" who will sell the people out in a heartbeat.

Nope Jon Kyl will lay the ever living fuck of a smack down against any type of gun control legislation that in any way rfurther hinders the second amendment rights of the people.

Ill bet a lot of money on that one.  The problem here is whether the dems give a fuck what kyl has to say.  

I doubt now is the time for them to bring gun restrictions to the vote though.  They would get slaughtered in november.  Lame duck might be another story but doing something like that in the lame duck would absolutely embolden the republicans in fighting Obama.  

They aren't going to fuck with guns because they don't have to. Nobody has decided to shoot at them yet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh gee, look. A couple of "R" who will sell the people out in a heartbeat.

Nope Jon Kyl will lay the ever living fuck of a smack down against any type of gun control legislation that in any way rfurther hinders the second amendment rights of the people.

Ill bet a lot of money on that one.  The problem here is whether the dems give a fuck what kyl has to say.  

I doubt now is the time for them to bring gun restrictions to the vote though.  They would get slaughtered in november.  Lame duck might be another story but doing something like that in the lame duck would absolutely embolden the republicans in fighting Obama.  

They aren't going to fuck with guns because they don't have to. Nobody has decided to shoot at them yet.

Exactamundo!

I don't think the Dems give two squirts of monkey piss what John Kyl has to say.

That said I don't think the Dems want to piss off the gunowners in what is already going to be quite the pounding they're going to take come November. It would turn an already bad (For the Dems) situation into the worst possible atmosphere they've ever ran in and give us twelve more years of Republican rule. Remember that even Bill Clinton specifically cited the 1994 AWB as the #1 reason his party got slammed in '94 and again blamed that single piece of legislation for Gore's defeat.

Regardless of who we're talking about gun control is *WILDLY* unpopular even, dare I say, less popular than the Healthcare bill. There is no single legislation that so drives people specifically against everything Democrats stand for quite like Gun Control, and they know it. Just them hinting at gun control gets the people pissed, causes panic buying, etc.

Example: Eric Holder came out and started talking about how they were going to re-instate the AWB. Not even ten minutes elapsed between the time that moron uttered those words and Nanci Pelosi said exactly the opposite, that she not only did not see any chance of gun control happening, but then parroted the NRA's line that we've already got enough laws on the books and we should look at enforcing the ones we've got.

While I agree with everyone that viligiance is direly needed, and we need to continuously hold their feet to the fire so they never forget, I don't think anything like this is going to happen. It took them more than a year the last time around ('93-'94) to get the crap through and they've only got a couple more months, in addition to them not wanting to commit political suicide for the forseeable future.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that is because of your behavior in that thread, Mr. Martyr.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Oh gee, look! The bill that is being reviewed by this hearing is actually considered pro-gun..............
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Oh gee, look! The bill that is being reviewed by this hearing is actually considered pro-gun..............

I wondered about that, unfortunately FOPA was as well.  I worry over compromise.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#39]

DO IT!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I hope feinswine, schumer and franken start talking about banning everything. Ban rifles with the shoulder thing that go up. Ban rifles that don't have the shoulder thing. Ban handguns. Ban lead shot. Ban steel shot. Ban muzzleloaders. Ban airsoft. Ban BB guns. Ban hunting. Ban Olympic trap shooting. Even though it's a senate hearing I hope obunga weighs in too, with eric holder at his side. Talk about mexico and their drug war and repeat the bullshit that 3000 firearms traced to the US somehow equals 95% of the 30,000 firearms confiscated from the drug cartels.

Do it, I know you want to.

If they started ranting and raving about gun bans on C-Span this close to Nov 2, it'd be the best thing to ever happen for the Tea Parties. Triage for congress?? More like trying to identify the carcasses of congressional democrats' political careers through dental records.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An 80% decrease in licensed firearms dealers in less than 20 years is not just markets or coincidence, especially when firearms sales have been climbing.

OK, but how much of that is Mom and Pops getting murdered by large internet operations?  Some of the loss is surely over regulation and ATF sucker punches, but AIM, Atlantic, J&G, Centerfire, Bud's, GunBroker, etc. etc. must have been killing the small timers over the past 10-15 years.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm not worried,, I sold all mine in the newspaper right after I bought them because, well, they did not shoot straight.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, but how much of that is Mom and Pops getting murdered by large internet operations?  Some of the loss is surely over regulation and ATF sucker punches, but AIM, Atlantic, J&G, Centerfire, Bud's, GunBroker, etc. etc. must have been killing the small timers over the past 10-15 years.

so we should pass restrictive gun laws to punish shops that have made it easier for us to the guns we want?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Why can't they just leave shit alone?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Umm, reading is fundamental.  There is nothing to pass.  This is not a bill.  It's just a hearing.

Does someone take minutes at these meetings? Or recorded? I want a copy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Even if you buy mail order through a large dealer, you still have to transfer through a local FFL, unless you have a CR.  Some of the local shops will transfer cheap, some not so cheap.  I'd say the Internet has definetly hurt the profit margin though.  I find the cheap guy to do the transfer, and make sure I buy stuff in his store (primers, powder) when I pick up the gun.  Heck, I never knew some shops existed until I looked for a transferring dealer.  

Back on topic- -the more a dem talks about guns, the more people they fire up, and the more votes they lose.  The dem voters don't come out, and the conservatives make sure they vote.  Let them keep talking....

I bet the EPA got a boat load of comments in a hurry on their proposal to ban lead, which was why they rethought the issue in short order.  Once the news got out, I'm sure their mailroom was overflowing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I just wrote my Senator, Jeff Sessions, requesting  a transcript of this meeting. Or a recording. He ALWAYS answers my requests. Will post here if available.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Firearms in Commerce?  How do we close the sales gap across the board, maybe?

Gee that do make me warm and fuzzy.  

pos

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, reading this thread, I gather that no one really knows what this is about.

Interesting.  Frightening, but nonetheless interesting.

It's very odd for this many people to be in the dark for this long in this day and age.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Firearms in Commerce?  How do we close the sales gap across the board, maybe?

Gee that do make me warm and fuzzy.  

pos

Once they put somthing in the Spotlight (Other than Jobs) The problem will be fixed or attempted to be...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top