Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2002 3:03:44 PM EDT
Ok guys, tomorrow will be my first show for 6 months, and I can't spend much money, but I would like to find some nice small items. I need some ideas...

Mainly, I am looking for small stuff for these: Ruger 10/22, Mossberg 500, Bushmaster Dissipator, Glock 27, and S&W J-Frame.

Of course, I like general purpose stuff too.  I would also like to try those Aquila Colibri "no gunpowder" eley primer rounds in my 10/22.  Other than that, I really don't know where to start looking- what are your favorite purchases?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#1]
yawn...btt
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I go pretty much just for the jerkey. [:)]

Have you thought about the Agulia mini-shells for the 500.  I tried to get some at the last show but they were sold out pretty quickly.  You can get remmington .22 cb rounds as well, though I don't think they will cycle in the 10/22.

Maybe a sling for the Bushy?

I guess it all depends on what you need.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#3]
good idea...I wanted to go today, but no time.  I'll try to get an early start over to the show on Sun.  
 Glad to see that the jerky vendors are there in CA too- must be a Nation-wide thing with the jerky.  Also notable are the loud ass stun-gun demo's, and the one idiot who always manages to spray him/herself with pepperspray.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#4]
By the way, FL people, the show is at the Manatee County Convention Center.  Near St. Pete (actually in Palmetto).  Email me if you need directions!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Have you thought about the Agulia mini-shells for the 500.  I tried to get some at the last show but they were sold out pretty quickly.  You can get remmington .22 cb rounds as well, though I don't think they will cycle in the 10/22.

Maybe a sling for the Bushy?
I guess it all depends on what you need.
View Quote

I've thinking of trying some of those 12 guage mini shells. I've been trying to get any info from anybody thats bought some, but haven't gotton any luck. If any body's tried these lets hear about them.
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#6]
A bipod for the revolver or for the shotgun?

Seriously,
A book or a manual?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Look for a cheap Chinese scope for one of the rifles.
A hard to get magazine for the 10/22.
A set of ivory grips for the S&W.
Or, just get some ammo.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#8]
so much stuff at these shows...so little of it worth buying... I do miss them though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#9]
anyone know of good mounting hardware for the mossberg 500?  I want to put a weaver rail on it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep. First row, far left at the Big E in Springfield, MA. The time of day I get there dictates which side of the show I start on, whether I'm getting jerkey to eat while browsing, or for the ride home.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I go to the GUN shows for the Crafts and Beanie Babies here in Tulsa but the best GUN I ever bought at a GUN SHOW was a Rossi 38/357 lever action carbine(cheap too). I have had more fun with that lil gun than I ever had with a 22. It is just plain fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 5:24:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I missed good gunshows from KC and Denver.  Now that I'm in STL, there isn't much worth the price of admission.

What do I buy???  Well, guns are usually overpriced, so that is a rare purchase.  Ammo is cheaper from ammoman, and I don't have to haul it to my car.  All my nice goodies I get online from guys like SableCO, MSTN, Lightfighter, SWFA, etc..., it's cheaper that way.

So usually I like to buy little bits and pieces like the rare 'under $20 USGI 30rd', parts, cleaning accessories and tools, surplus military gear, etc...  Basically cheap crap that I wouldn't normally buy because it would be a waste of money to pay the shipping and handling.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Still looking for that weaver-rail mount for the Mossberg...
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Re the Aguila mini shotshells.  They sorta cycle ok in the Mossberg but could jam because they're shorter than the cut out of the shell lifter.  I've been thinking of buying a replacement shell lifter & welding on an extention.  They don't work at all in my Remington 870 or Savage/Stevens M67.  The Stevens 311 has no problem though
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 12:05:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Bought my first rifle at a gunshow. Was a NIB Chinese SKS, military surplus. Milled reciever, best wood I've even seen on an SKS, and imported preban. At $250 it was somewhat steep, but worth it considering its condition, and all the fun I've has with it.

My next rifle was my Bushy 16" from the same guy at different show. I waited until the last hour, of the last day to talk his price down, alot. [:)] When making a large purchace like that, I think its best to wait till the end of the show, when they are willing to cut deals. For them its one less rifle to packup and take home.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 1:15:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I picked up an AR15 .223, 120rnd chinese drum for $110 at a gunshow, the guy told me it was an AK drum and and was asking $145, I told him I'd give him $110, and he took it!, I didnt bother to tell him that it was an AR drum
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 2:49:59 AM EDT
[#17]
IMI marked 32rd UZI magZ NIB for $20.00 each!!!!  We picked up five of them.  All he had.

Who say's dealers pretend to not know what they have?  This guy really didn't![:P]  Wonder who he got them from?  Probably some poor old widow.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 3:52:01 AM EDT
[#18]
brand new bushmaster 20"v-match w/fluted bbl for 750.00
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:26:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Here in Texas this weekend we have the Market Hall gunshow which is actually a pretty decent show.  I said hello to "Eric the Hun" and some of his buds while I was out there too.    
I purchased a 24" stainless/fluted/wilson barreled upper for $375.  You could buy GI 30 rd'ers for $15 all day.  AK 30's for $10-12.  The glock 19's I saw were as low as $469, (new) 19C for $488 (new).   I sold my mini-14 to a dealer and got a very good price.  Ammo was priced as good as what you could get from Cheaper than Dirt.   Don't get me wrong, I do see a LOT of junk but this show is big enough to to find lots of GOODIES and you can almost always find the right price.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:34:49 AM EDT
[#21]
No jerky at this last show!   What a surprise!  
 The show was very small, and I only found some Aquila ammo, some iodine tabs, and trioxane fuel bars.  

Other than that, the show sucked, and the average age was somewhere in the 70's.  I was helping a friend sell some guns, and these old guys didn't want to pay shit.  

There will be bigger shows shortly, and those should be better.  All in all, a waste of my $5 admission.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#22]
I attended the Western Pennsylvania Gun Collectors Association show yesterday.  It has returned to its original home at the Monroeville Mall Expo Mart just outside Pittsburgh.

I'd have been better served to go to Wal-Mart or one of the two Gander Mountain stores in the area.  I essentially payed $5 to look at overpriced junk.  Lots of junk, but junk anyway.

I bought a case for my 24" Bushmaster, a couple of those hard rubber plugs that fit in the bottom of the A2 pistol grip, and a packet of recoil buffers for my 1911.  I couldn't find ANY of the stuff I was really looking for.  Can you believe that NOT ONE table had scrimshawed 1911 grips?  NOT ONE table had Moly-Glide (or comparable product)?  NOT ONE table had GI magazines?

The only thing I saw that interested me gun-wise was a Walther P-22.  It was a cute little gun, but the dealer was in major-scale dickhead mode, and lost a sale because gnawing on a donut was more important than answering a question or two and making a sale.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 7:04:40 AM EDT
[#23]
No GI magazines?  Bizarre.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top