Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 9:37:18 PM EDT
Well, here is literally the letter of the law. I wrote to the Albuquerque BLM management office, asking about the legality of shooting on BLM land. While this letter is specific to New Mexico, especially in the region around Albuquerque, it should provide a guide to other BLM areas as well.

Link to NM HTF posting.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The BLM shooting Area (Iron Mountain Range near Keswick ) 4 miles West Of Redding California (Shasta County) is one of the Best in the State (If not the Country)
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I already knew all of this, but thanks for taking the time and posting it..
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't speak Legal-ese all too well, but it seems like they basically said "unless otherwise prohibited, go for it".

Am I missing anything?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't speak Legal-ese all too well, but it seems like they basically said "unless otherwise prohibited, go for it".

Am I missing anything?

In TX that means *nowhere*.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I missing anything?

In TX that means *nowhere*.

In Nevada that mean almost everywhere
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I just pull off the side of the road and shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top