Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 5:53:04 PM EDT
I'm taking a CJ class with a new part time prof. He's a sergeant at the local PD. It's a night class from 5-8PM, and class was held for the first time tonight. He spent about a third of the class talking about emergency preparedness (active shooter, etc) and how a majority of people are in denial about all the bad things that could happen. He bemoaned the fact that Wisconsin was one of two states without concealed carry. A quote he shared with class was, "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." He also talked about the new police station that the city built, and his favorite part about it is his own private room in the armory to work on guns (he's the firearms instructor and armorer).
We got a few assignments for next week...
-We are supposed to read this by next week
-We are supposed to show up to class with a "go bag".
Other suggested reading for the semester was "On Killing" and "On Combat" by Lt. Col. Grossman.
Should be a good semester.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
did he mention his affinity for geese?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Ask him his screen name.  

Draw a BFL on an assignment and see if you get extra credit.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
On Combat & On Killing are very, very good.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Should be a good class
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ask him his screen name.  

Def do the BFL. I'd say a FUAROCK, but the BFL might be a better break the ice type of thing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell him "This class is worthless without pics of the wife."
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought everyone knew, you're supposed to ask him if he knows what gun Al Pacino used in Heat.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine was.... he commented on my hunting cap a local gunsmiths ad on it, then i found out it was into building rifles like 700's and refinishing old military rifles.... he was my philosophy teacher lol.... one minute he teaches tree hugging and animal cruelty the next we bullshit about hunting white tail.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ask him his screen name.  

Def do the BFL. I'd say a FUAROCK, but the BFL might be a better break the ice type of thing.

Write FUAROCK on the Black board before class. Do they still have black boards?
Write it on the overhead projector before class so when he turns it on, it's the first thing everyone sees. Am I really dating myself now?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ask him his screen name.  

I like this idea.  You should do it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Only if they can tell you were getting high by the purple smudges on your hands and nose.

I know there are people that get off on that stuff, I sure as hell don't know how. I can't stand that smell.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll give you $5 if you let me make up your "go bag" for you
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'll give you $5 if you let me make up your "go bag" for you

You could stencil "Fo Bag" on it and see if he catches it.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#16]
While I am sure you will have a great semester in this class I just gotta ask what the heck this has to do with Criminal Justice?

Then again there are lots of classes that say one thing and mean something else-
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Put some PMags in the go bag. See what he says
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#18]
give him the secret handshake or flash him the secret hand sign.......................................................................................................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top