Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:22:00 PM EDT
My brother, who is training as an EMT, just got back from a tragic scene only a few miles away.  

http://www.local12.com/content/breaking_news/story/Truck-Hits-and-Kills-Child-and-Drives-Away/OqzghCpVyk21mlgR0Q8DCA.cspx

That's my bro on the right.  He said that there was brain matter scattered on the road.  It was bad.  They didn't let the reporters anywhere close to the scene, since it was being considered a crime scene (hit and run).

Watch your young kids, and know where they are at all times.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#1]
That's horrible man.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
for the parents.

for the driver (probably an illegal alien).

RIP, little guy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
for the parents.

RIP, little guy.

Apparently they found him, and he was an oldish (60s) guy who didn't even realize he had hit anyone.  I don't know anything else about it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
for the parents.

RIP, little guy.

Apparently they found him, and he was an oldish (60s) guy who didn't even realize he had hit anyone.  I don't know anything else about it.

Old people are worse than illegals
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow. Just fucking wow. They should string up the person who drove away.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Rest in peace little guy...

My prayers outbound for him & his family who have suffered a tremendous loss.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wow. Just fucking wow. They should string up the person who drove away.

This and the whomever was supposed to be watching the 3 and 2 year old children, what could they have been thinking?  

My 5 year old still attempts to commit suicide on at least a weekly basis, I never take my eyes off of him.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Tragic.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#14]
If he's so deaf and/or so deep in Condition White that he didn't notice striking a small child, then he has no fucking business driving.

I use a lifted Grand Cherokee as my daily driver and I could tell you if I hit a fucking squirrel...let alone a 20-something pound child.

I smell epic senility or epic bullshit with the old man's story.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn, I hope they catch the fucker.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#18]

WTF is wrong with some people?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#19]
In all fairness and not a troll attempt or an attempt to get banned, but had the driver stayed at the scene and not acted shady by leaving I would have to side with him. Don't get me wrong its a sad terribly tragic story but the parents should not have let there toddler near a main road such as that. I say its grandmas fault before its the drivers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Now I'm hearing that the 60's thing was just a rumor, and they haven't found the driver yet.  Who knows.

I REALLY do not want to place blame until the whole story is known.  Terrible things can happen to anyone.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#21]
This reminds me of something that happened locally here.  A mom was taking her children to see their dad in the hospital(knee surgery). The son ran off and ran at least 100 yards away and tried to cross the interstate, was struck and killed.

I don't understand how a kid can run 100 yards and the mom not catch him.  I talked to the dad a few months later and they were divorced and I truly believe he would have killed his ex if he had the chance.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This reminds me of something that happened locally here.  A mom was taking her children to see their dad in the hospital(knee surgery). The son ran off and ran at least 100 yards away and tried to cross the interstate, was struck and killed.

I don't understand how a kid can run 100 yards and the mom not catch him.  I talked to the dad a few months later and they were divorced and I truly believe he would have killed his ex if he had the chance.

Speaking as a mom who has had to juggle 3 children at once......it can happen.  With one child––––no excuses.  More than one, especially at certain age gaps––––I can think of several scenarios where a child takes off and is too far out of reach while you're bogged down with an infant in a stroller or holding the hand of a 1-year old that you can't leave behind to chase after the other one.  

I also tend to blame the adults who were supposed to be watching the child even though I could have easily been one of those statistics on more than one occasion.  The latest incident being waking up to a knock on the front door and seeing my 3-year old's bedroom door open on the way to answer it.  As soon as I saw that open bedroom door I knew what had happened and my heart dropped.  Sure enough, there was a lady standing there with my daughter.  

Never, ever, ever had she gotten out of her room without either coming in to get me or me waking up when I heard her door. I don't know why that day was different.  It'll never happen again because my husband came home with hasps for all the exterior doors that day but all it would have taken was that one time.  I just thank God that it was a kindly neighbor lady out for a morning stroll who found her........

I just can't imagine losing a child and that poor mother watching it all happen is just inconceivable to me.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#23]
 So Sad.   Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Thats horrible Poor kid.I couldnt imagine what the parents are going through.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:58:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I have had nightmares about exactly this happening to my 3yo daughter.

It has driven me to hold onto her extra tight when around roads, and even in parking lots.  When she's fussy and doesn't want me to hold her hand, she gets tossed onto my shoulders and carried –– she sees this as an adventure so she stops fussing and enjoys it.

I cannot begin to imagine the degree of carnage, wrath and rage I would unleash upon anyone who harmed my child.

_MaH
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:45:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:46:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speaking as a mom who has had to juggle 3 children at once......it can happen.  With one child––––no excuses.  More than one, especially at certain age gaps––––I can think of several scenarios where a child takes off and is too far out of reach while you're bogged down with an infant in a stroller or holding the hand of a 1-year old that you can't leave behind to chase after the other one.  

I also tend to blame the adults who were supposed to be watching the child even though I could have easily been one of those statistics on more than one occasion.  The latest incident being waking up to a knock on the front door and seeing my 3-year old's bedroom door open on the way to answer it.  As soon as I saw that open bedroom door I knew what had happened and my heart dropped.  Sure enough, there was a lady standing there with my daughter.  

Never, ever, ever had she gotten out of her room without either coming in to get me or me waking up when I heard her door. I don't know why that day was different.  It'll never happen again because my husband came home with hasps for all the exterior doors that day but all it would have taken was that one time.  I just thank God that it was a kindly neighbor lady out for a morning stroll who found her........

I just can't imagine losing a child and that poor mother watching it all happen is just inconceivable to me.  

Yea, happened to us with my son (who's 16 now) when he was about two years or so.  He walked out, crossed the road in front of our house, and went into the neighbor's garage and tried to start the lawn mower (he did that a lot back then - taking him to Lowe's on a Saturday was a pain....).  The front door bell rang and there was our neighbor with our kid that we didn't even know he was out of the house.

There goes I but for the grace of God.

Merlin
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:48:45 AM EDT
[#28]
His picture reminds me of my son, who will be 3 in a couple months.

Gettin dusty in my office.  Need to call the cleaning staff.

Prayers up for this family.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:54:23 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/shacklord/Original.jpg

+1

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:02:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/shacklord/Original.jpg

+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfrSoiaLixg

This reminds me of stranger danger by Penn & Teller's "Bullshit!"

It is a tragedy though.  Old people drivers are the worst.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:08:29 AM EDT
[#31]
that's horrible..

thoughts to his parents and to the old man too...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:21:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Probably some asshole txting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top