Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 4:24:40 AM EDT
I was having some battery issues with my Vortex Strikefire that was causing me to go through batteries all the time.  I contacted Vortex through their site and within a few hours got a return email from Julie in their customer service department.  They apologized and FedExed a new sight out immediately with a return box for the old one.  I can't believe how fast they worked to make it right.  

Aside from the battery issue the sight worked flawlessly with thousands of rounds down range and still perfectly zeroed.

If you're ever wondering about their warranty they're GTG.  Nice job VortexSam, you've got a true believer.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my Strikefire (I even got my Mom one for her AR) and I have a SPARC for my TP-9 that I can't wait to go sight in. The SPARC really surpised me with how light it was and the build quality was WAY better than anything I expected. These things are like 90% the quality of an aimpoint at like 1/3 the price. Im going to pick up one of their magnifiers for my AR soon as well.

The only complaint I could even offer about any of their products is that the rubber lense cover thingiy for the SPARC broke, but that was becuase my dumb ass tried to put it on backwards.

If you're on the fence about these guys, climb down off it and buy one, you won't regret it!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
If they ever make one that takes a normal battery like a CR123,  I'm in.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
My Strikefires run off CR123's, and the SPARC uses a standard lithium button cell (the number escapes me, but I bought about a dozen in a blister pack from sams club to have on the 'in case of shit' shelf). Both are pretty common.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:06:10 AM EDT
[#4]
NVM..question answered.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:18:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My Strikefires run off CR123's, and the SPARC uses a standard lithium button cell (the number escapes me, but I bought about a dozen in a blister pack from sams club to have on the 'in case of shit' shelf). Both are pretty common.

Specs online say CR2....  I dont have a stock of those.  

But I do have a stock of CR123

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:34:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell, I've never even heard of a CR2, could it be a typo? The cells that came with mine (which are still in them) looked just like CR-123's, and I'd swear they were labeled as such, but I'll have to double check now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:50:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Vortex customer service is top notch. The rapid response to phone calls an e-mails, coupled with the complete "bending-over-backwards" philosophy they have regarding your satisfaction, is almost unbelievable in today's world.

I have a Strikefire I purchased in January, and would not hesitate to buy more products from them as needed.

Keep up the good work Vortex!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:09:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell, I've never even heard of a CR2, could it be a typo? The cells that came with mine (which are still in them) looked just like CR-123's, and I'd swear they were labeled as such, but I'll have to double check now.

CR2 in both of mine, you can get them cheap from dealextreme.com (shipping takes 2 weeks if you've never dealt with them before)
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:30:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

CR2 in both of mine, you can get them cheap from dealextreme.com (shipping takes 2 weeks if you've never dealt with them before)

For stock-pile items like that slow shipping isn't a bother. Any idea on what the shelf life on batteries like that is? Would sealing them with dessicant help any?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#10]
CR2 batteries are pretty easy to find at our local Lowe's and Home Depots.  They've got somewhere around at 10 yr shelflife so storage is not an issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top