Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/6/2010 9:33:32 PM EDT
Chandler man shoots, kills 2 suspected gang members

The intruder who punched out a Chandler man while stealing beer at a keg party picked the wrong victim.

The man, who had been attempting to defend his wife during the beer theft, had a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Fearing for his life and under attack, he pulled out a gun and fatally shot two men believed by police to be gang members early Sunday morning.

"People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Ramer said police have concluded the shooter, who fears reprisals and whose name is not being released, acted in self-defense and have cleared him of any potential wrongdoing in the shooting deaths.

The names of the two men who were shot to death also have not been released by police.

The shootings occurred early Sunday morning in the 600 block of North Sunland Drive. A group of men showed up as uninvited guests at the keg party, paid a $2 admission fee, then became angry when the organizers started to shut the bash down, Ramer said.

"They thought they weren't getting their money's worth," he said.

The intruders were stealing the beer when they were confronted by a woman who had been attending the party, Ramer said. After the men started yelling at the woman, her husband attempted to come to her defense and was punched to the ground.

"This guy was punched, he was attacked," Ramer said.

When one of the intruders threatened the man with a gun, he pulled out his own gun and shot the two assailants to death, Ramer said. Police said they have documents confirming that the men are gang members.

Ramer said the husband showed restraint during the incident and only fired when he was threatened with a gun.

The man involved in the shooting had passed a concealed weapons course, Ramer said. Although he had a permit, the Arizona Legislature passed a bill earlier this year to allow residents to carry concealed weapons without one.

Chandler police have arrested seven other men and plan to recommend that they be charged not only with robbery but with murder because the slayings occurred during the commission of another crime, Ramer said.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#1]
First thought after reading the thread title:

"Yo homey, is that my briefcase?"
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Long live the 2nd amendment.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Good Shoot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Chandler police have arrested seven other men and plan to recommend that they be charged not only with robbery but with murder because the slayings occurred during the commission of another crime, Ramer said.

lol, that's the best part!

that being said, it sounds to me like this situation could have been avoided which, i'm willing to bet, the shooter would prefer at this point.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#5]
High five!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"Yo homey, is that my beer?"

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like the CCWing guy at the KEG PARTY at least wasn't drunk....or else that headline would have been written a whole 'nother way methinks...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Curly Bill  "Well, BYE" /Curly Bill
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Two more bits of algae removed from the gene pool.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#11]
they know how to do it in AZ. That's one state that has got it together.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#12]
"People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that being said, it sounds to me like this situation could have been avoided which, i'm willing to bet, the shooter would prefer at this point.

A punch to the head is lethal force. BG pointing at gun at GG is lethal force.

And I hate thieves.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I was thinking briefcase too. Here is the greatest MS Paint I have ever done!

Edit: Got it working.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Yo homey, is that my beer keg?"

Fixed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When one of the intruders threatened the man with a gun, he pulled out his own gun and shot the two assailants to death, Ramer said. Police said they have documents confirming that the men are gang members.

Outstanding
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Amazing - In Arizona, even the journalists who cover the stories are unabashedly pro-gun!

Sadly, that reporter would have a VERY short career in Boston or Chicago...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Rumor going around is the shooter was a gang member too.  Still a good shoot though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Damn, Tom Cruise sure let himself go.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

A punch to the head is lethal force. BG pointing at gun at GG is lethal force.

And I hate thieves.

i never disagreed with anything you posted.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#22]
God damn I love reading stuff like this
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Not as vibrant and splashy as StickDeath.com but it'll do.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein

If only that statement were more welcomed by the rest of the country.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Fuck man, I need to move to Arizona.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I like how they kept pointing out he had a CCW, and only towards the end of the article do they mention that you don't need a CCW anymore.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Pure 110% WIN. Cops are pro-gun, news story is pro-gun, good guys win, gang thugs get blasted...
Now if only everywhere else was like that...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I like how they kept pointing out he had a CCW, and only towards the end of the article do they mention that you don't need a CCW anymore.

probably a good thing really.  a good portion of the country would probably otherwise figure that he's "just another nut that can carry a gun now."
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Damn good shoot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:00:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Sweet sweet justice

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Robert A. Heinlein

No shit. Sometimes I wish it was like the wild west where everyone could open carry.

Sure would cut down on crime IMO, and keep a lot of people in line with their anger / tempers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:24:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I was thinking briefcase too. Here is the greatest MS Paint I have ever done!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_nM5R_sdR4DE/TIXSgdEi2SI/AAAAAAAAE7o/pG1MLasJL8c/s800/briefcase1.JPG

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx191/eagletalonawd/Sfuff/briefcase2.jpg

Edit: Got it working.

did he shave before killing them?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:28:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Ok, now at this point im gonna say "good shoot" but that right there is total bullshit. Charged with murder because you came to a party, your friends decide to punch someone, he shoots them, and YOU are guilty of murder? Because you were "stealing beer"?? How the fuck does that work??
Doesn't your crime at least have to be a felony?

I can see it now, you have a scumbag friend, you are on a corner with a hotdog, unbeknownst to you  some other guy pulls up and starts arguing with friend over a woman, a fight breaks out, you drop your hotdog, but before you do anything your friend is shot and killed in self defense. Its all caught on a CCTV, the cops notice you committed the crime of littering while all this is happening, so now you are guilty of murder!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:49:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Guess you could say those two gangstas 'tapped out'  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:53:02 AM EDT
[#35]

Very nice, gotta love falling down, except for the liberal ending where the good guy dies.

Wonder what firearm and ammo he put the trolls down with..

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:54:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Very nice, gotta love falling down, except for the liberal ending where the good guy dies.

Quoted:

I believe it was a Collateral reference.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:00:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:05:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:08:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:22:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe it was a Collateral reference.

Yup, wrong movie. I was thinking of that same scene from Falling Down, gonna have to watch that tonight.

Gang Member #1: Whatcha doin' Mister?
Bill Foster: Nothing.
Gang Member #1: Yes you are man, you're trespassing on private property.
Bill Foster: Trespassing?
Gang Member #2: You're loitering too, man.
Gang Member #1: That's right, you're loitering too.
Bill Foster: I didn't see any signs.
Gang Member #1: [pointing at a graffiti skull] Whatcha call that?
Bill Foster: Graffiti.
Gang Member #1: No man, that's not fucking graffiti. That's a sign.
Gang Member #2: He can't read it man.
Gang Member #1: I'll read it for you. It says this is fucking private property. No fucking trespassing. This means fucking you.
Bill Foster: It says all that?
Gang Member #1: Yeah.
Bill Foster: Well, maybe if you wrote it in fucking English, I could fucking understand it.

Gangmembers then try to steal his briefcase and he beats them with a billy club.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:22:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Arizona needs to push west and take over southern California, moving all the current residents out as it does so.  They can go live in San Fran, and all....

I really wish they had oceanfront.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:23:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Arizona needs to push west and take over southern California, moving all the current residents out as it does so.  They can go live in San Fran, and all....

Its also really damned hot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:37:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its also really damned hot.

That's what the ocean front is for.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:40:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Long live the 2nd amendment.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:42:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Hasta la vista.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:44:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:57:20 AM EDT
[#47]
3 things in life will get you killed for sure-challenging a gravel truck to a game of chicken while you're on foot, uttering the phrase "Hey, hold my beer and watch this!" in a situation involving beer and chainsaws, and fucking with another man's wife while trying to steal his beer. Good fucking shoot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:09:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Yeah I tripped out when i read this article because i just posted here a few days ago a article of another dude who blasted a beer theif a couple weeks ago in Gilbert, AZ, which is right next door to Chandler where this incident happened.  Here's my other post from a few days ago:

Scum hits victim on head with wrench/steals beer, victim shoots & kills thief, ruled legal LUV MY AZ

These fuckers just haven't learned to not fuck with a man's beer in AZ!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:21:12 AM EDT
[#49]
I like it
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:49:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sounds like the CCWing guy at the KEG PARTY at least wasn't drunk....or else that headline would have been written a whole 'nother way methinks...

I was thinki the same thing.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top