Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 6:30:29 PM EDT
I put the summer garden...what was left of it...to rest over the weekend by pulling up six habanero plants and picking enough pods to fill a paper grocery bag.

This is not including the 2 gallons of of pods I picked prior to this that have now gone into the freezer or made a quadruple recipe of "Inner Beauty" hot sauce using 2-3x the amount of habs called for

Inner Beauty Hot Sauce.

Recipe From : Big Flavors Of The Hot Sun by Chris Schlesinger

15 habanero chiles –– roughly chopped
1 ripe mango –– peel, pit, mash
1 cup cheap yellow prepared mustard
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
salt and pepper –– to taste

Mix all ingredients and funnel into clean jars or bottles. Refrigerate.

I always grow more than I need which is good news for all my hab-loving shooter friends.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would you put Habaneros in your wazoo?  Doesn't it burn?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The last time habeneros came out of my wazoo they burned like all hell.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]
That's where they usually come out after I've eaten anything with them in it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I've recently had my first serious experiences with habanero sauces.  Much to my surprise, I'm able to tolerate and even enjoy them,

including Dave's Insanity Sauce.  Nice flavor, with a respectable but not over-enthusiastic kick!

CJ

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, I'd blow them out my ass about 5 minutes after ingestion
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#6]
You got too many just start eating them raw they make good snacks.  Just be sure to eat like 2 or 3 at once at least to get the best flavor.  Then just wait for the  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top