Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 4:42:36 PM EDT
....everyone I knew up there, family & extended friends was fucking oogling over "infrared" grills.

WTF!?

Explain yourselves northerners!

Also, I have no clue what an infrared grill is other than a propane grill with a giant shield to keep the meat further away from fire. So I can only assume this is a pussification of grilling.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have to wear those goofy night vision goggles to grill steak?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
....everyone I knew up there, family & extended friends was fucking oogling over "infrared" grills.

WTF!?

Explain yourselves northerners!

Also, I have no clue what an infrared grill is other than a propane grill with a giant shield to keep the meat further away from fire. So I can only assume this is a pussification of grilling.

I believe a lot of restaurants use them.  Cooks the meat quicker and more precisely (or something like that).

Not sure what the big fuss is all about.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Its the pussification of grilling. Real men cook with wood. Wood, as in Mesquite, Hickory, Pecan. Not some goddamned Hank Hill propane infrared penis warmer bullshit
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Its the pussification of grilling. Real men cook with wood. Wood, as in Mesquite, Hickory, Pecan. Not some goddamned Hank Hill propane infrared penis warmer bullshit

AMEN BROTHER!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#6]

You can see in da dark wit deez.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Never heard of it. Too bad you went to Cleveland.

word homie.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Second video wouldn't embed

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I live t/here and neither I nor anyone I know has one, or has even talked about one.

conclusion: the people you know and are related to are......

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an oiless turkey fryer that works sorta like infrared...
Won't be using oil anymore...

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have an oiless turkey fryer that works sorta like infrared...
Won't be using oil anymore...

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z64/chadwimc/Thanksgiving2009f-1.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z64/chadwimc/Thanksgiving2009g-1.jpg

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ.....................
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Must have been in bayvillage, that's where we keep most of our gehys. There and cedar point.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Funny you mentioned this; my BIL, from Cleveland, bought an infrared grill on clearance recently.  

Infrared = propane burners that heats ceramic tiles or other surfces and then that heat cooks the food.  Unlike a normal propane grill where dripping grease/fat falls into the burners and flareups occur infrared does not allow this thus you have a more "constant" temperature and control.  You also supposedly use less propane.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I live t/here and neither I nor anyone I know has one, or has even talked about one.

same here, I live in cleveland, well the suburb of cleveland, and I have never heard of a such a thing. or anybody I know has one or even mentioned it.

probably in lakewood, big population of gays there

now if you want to talk about pink flamingos lawn ornaments.  let me know,  I got a couple I put on my lawn, I"VE GONE RETRO BABY, 1960 IS BACK ON MY LAWN    

now all I need to find is a silver ball on a pedestal and I'll be all set

Moon Over Parma, bring my love to me tonight...
Guide her to Cleveland  underneath your silvery light.
We met at Ashtabula–– she was doing the Hula.
I handed my radishes to her and pledged my love to her that night.

Moon over Parma, won't you bring my love to me?
Shine on the freeway and guide her A-M-C.
Guide her past those RADAR mounties;
get her to cuyahoga  County...
Moon Over Parma tonight.

Moon Over Parma, shine on I-71.
We can't get together in the warm light of the sun.
I'm askin' you don't fail––
get her safely through Lindale.

Moon Over Parma, where those pink flamingos stand,
I need her kisses and the soft touch of her hand.
We're goin' bowlin', so don't lose her in Solon

moon over parma tonight

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This... I'm in Cleveland and have never heard of an "infrared grill"
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Mothra-sized pussy dude here. I don't cook with wood, but I don't have a grill either. Because of that, I grill on a George Foreman grill.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Never heard of it. Too bad you went to Cleveland.

I know.
Quoted:

Conclusion: I feel sorry for you living there.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Mothra-sized pussy dude here. I don't cook with wood, but I don't have a grill either. Because of that, I grill cook on a George Foreman grill.

Fixed that for ya!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top