Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 2:37:28 PM EDT
I was watching a MLB game when I saw a few of the players wearing an interesting necklace so I did some googling and found this website..

http://www.phitenusa.com/default.aspx

What do you guys think? Do these actually help your body or just a waste of money?

My dad and a few of my buddies wear a copper bracelet and they swear by them....
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll buy one as soon as they can demonstrate this energy flow and the improvement the necklace makes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If you like the looks of them, buy one.  It's not like they are real expensive.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

If you like the looks of them, buy one.  It's not like they are real expensive.

I think I might there only 25$

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
If it seems too good to be true...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Placebo effect.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
P.T. Barnum said it best.........There's a sucker born every minute.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Baseball players are good at baseball.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, they spelled Phiten to sound like Fightin' so I guess that provide extra strength through word power.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My dad and a few of my buddies wear a copper bracelet and they swear by them....

Your genetic predisposition to the placebo effect might work out very well with this particular snake oil.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Strange, the titanium cage in my back doesn't relax me or help me recover quicker.  I guess it has to be a necklace, LMFAO.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

P.T. Barnum said it best.........There's a sucker born every minute.

Too bad for him there was no internets back then.  not is every second.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#13]
BULLSHIT with a capital B.SS
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Placebo effect.

Could very well be.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I get them from Titanium Outfitters
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#17]
THEY'RE. Contraction of "they are". Their-denoting posession. There-a location.

They're moving their truck over there.

And complete waste of money. Unless you believe in other crap science as well-then they're still a waste of money.

ETA: after perusing their website, I have come to the conclusion that there are a great many more stupid people on the planet than I had previously estimated. Seriously-titanium is non-reactive. That's why it gets used in medical implants. It's also why it makes good knives for salt water use. Beyond that, it looks like these stupid idiot identifiers should, at least, be harmless. Unless some gullible, depserate person tries to use it to cure his brain tumor instead of actual medicine and science.

And in addition to "micro-spheres", they also claim to have created water soluble titanium metal and "infused" their cloth bits with it. Because it balances your "energy". Like magic crystals or the blood of a virgin unicorn does.

Still gonna go with complete waste of money, bullshit pseudo-science garbage, whose only genuine and reliable function will be to aid in figuring out who among you in a crowd shouldn't be trusted with metal scissors or liquid in anything other than a sippy-cup.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Snake Oil.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

For what purpose?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And complete waste of money. Unless you believe in other crap science as well-then they're still a waste of money.

ETA: after perusing their website, I have come to the conclusion that there are a great many more stupid people on the planet than I had previously estimated. Seriously-titanium is non-reactive. That's why it gets used in medical implants. It's also why it makes good knives for salt water use. Beyond that, it looks like these stupid idiot identifiers should, at least, be harmless. Unless some gullible, depserate person tries to use it to cure his brain tumor instead of actual medicine and science.

And in addition to "micro-spheres", they also claim to have created water soluble titanium metal and "infused" their cloth bits with it. Because it balances your "energy". Like magic crystals or the blood of a virgin unicorn does.

Still gonna go with complete waste of money, bullshit pseudo-science garbage, whose only genuine and reliable function will be to aid in figuring out who among you in a crowd shouldn't be trusted with metal scissors or liquid in anything other than a sippy-cup.

This.
There/their/they're.

And B.S.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If it seems too good to be true...

You mean it won't release my chakras???

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

THAynks for the coRrEtzions of my bad GRammerZ..

I did go to public school in MT

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#23]
They only work for people who can also dowse
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what purpose?
I got the Torpedo Boston Red Sox neckace for my chowderhead fan grandson

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I got this from that website:

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got this from that website:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2wg98g7.jpg
I get that too, but I have ordered from them online with no problems

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Bullshit if that was the case this would do the same thing and I can tell you it does NOT.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Bullshit if that was the case this would do the same thing and I can tell you it does NOT.

http://static.spineuniverse.com/displaygraphic.php/4131/fessler_67yo_fig6-99.jpg

Ouch! What happened?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Of course they don't work.  They're titanium, not magnets.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

http://static.spineuniverse.com/displaygraphic.php/4131/fessler_67yo_fig6-99.jpg

No shit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#31]
If they worked then the wristbands everyone wore wouldn't have been a fad, everyone would have kept wearing them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ouch! What happened?

Sylvester Stallone broke his neck.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ouch! What happened?

Sylvester Stallone broke his neck.

Or was it chuck Norris?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#34]
If you look on the website they say very little about how this is supposed to work.  The website claims "phiten products work with your body’s energy system, helping to regulate and balance the flow of energy throughout your body."  They also say "The Phild Processed material regulates the body's energy flow by stabilizing ions."  Everything else is a bunch of fluff about why that's supposed to be good for you, but I only found two sentences about how it is actually working, and they don't explain it well at all.

Ask yourself this: by what mechanism do they work?  Actually, what the hell does "body's energy system" mean?  These types of things always talk about energy like its some kind of magic, but they never define it.  Also, what ions are being stabilized, and how is a piece of titanium doing that?  What does stabilizing an ion mean, and what is an un-stabilized ion?  Why does stabilizing an ion improve this magical energy flow?

Also, in practical science ions are manipulated by electric or magnetic fields (mass spectrometry, for example) and not by micro-titanium spheres.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Note to self...try and come up with some metal trinket idiots will buy because they see others doing it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#36]
It looks like they are making lots of money. I need to make something like this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Water, fire, air and dirt,

Phitan necklaces, how do they work?  

I don't want to talk to a scientist,

ya'll Mutha Fuckin' lying, and getting me pissed,
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Jesus Tap Dancing Christ on a Pogo Stick, that shit is so fucking stupid.

If you think shit like this works go buy a college anatomy/physiology book and read it front to back.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ouch! What happened?

That is not my x ray just what the Stryker plates look like I have in my neck. I was thrown off a horse and ruptured a disc or three.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Note to self: paying lots of money to pro athletes to sell worthless trinkets really works as evidenced by OP.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:43:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top