User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 10:47:49 AM EDT

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
nobody?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I wastched it...seemed like a first person Scy Fy movie ...I have seen better fan mad HL2 movies in all honesty....wasnt bad but the whole FPS view kinda gets tiresome to me...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#3]
No crowbar?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I liked it!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I dug it.  Nice special effects, I'd love to know what they used to do that.

And what's with the site?  What's the password?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#6]
This has to be some sort of viral marketing for the new Half Life.

Hey, if the new Duke Nukem's ready, anything's possible...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmm... not bad for a fan flick.

The First Person viewpoint gets old fast.  Done well and for short periods ("Doom", for instance) it's cool.  Ten minutes of something that looks like it was shot on a Flip by a teenager and put on YouTube... er, not so much.

"Escape From City 17" is still the benchmark for me.  

(worth opening in YouTube and watching in 720)

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hmmm... not bad for a fan flick.

The First Person viewpoint gets old fast.  Done well and for short periods ("Doom", for instance) it's cool.  Ten minutes of something that looks like it was shot on a Flip by a teenager and put on YouTube... er, not so much.

"Escape From City 17" is still the benchmark for me.  

(worth opening in YouTube and watching in 720)

I never fail to be impressed with what small, no-name groups can deliver in contrast to the trash put out by Hollywood. 'Escape From City-17', the 'Call Of Duty' shorts and the 'Halo' live action film are all better than anything Hollyweird put out this summer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like a promo for a Hl2 mod.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't have the bandwidth to watch right now, but congratulations to the filmmakers! I don't need to watch it to be certain they put a lot of work into it.  Is this your movie or did you work on it or a friend's etc?  I'll watch it when i get the chance.  

I know how hard it is to do because i've been working on one for 5 years (my little Star Wars trailer).  The actual film is much longer. I played the fat jedi (lost 45 pounds since then) and do some of the SFX and all the light sabers.    

Again, good job to the whole team.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Not my movie, on another forum there was a thread about Valve and a HL2 movie, and someone linked to this...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I hadn't seen either one of these, or was aware that there were HL2 fan films made...'

As an avid player of the HL games, I can only say: BZ!  Well done.  Both captured the feel of HL2 very, very well.

Hollywood had best watch out, when independent filmakers can do this sort of thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top