Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 9:00:26 PM EDT
Getting this thing removed has been a pain in my butt for the past week. It has no little gap for a pin tool, no spring to release, and after cutting away the beauty plate, I'm seeing triangular rivets/screws on the mounting plate.

Any clue as to how to remove this thing without drinking a cup of rage and burning down the door with fire? Pics in bound in a minute.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Sorry thought this was a Dexter, tv show, thread.

Ha no, but I do have pics now.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The handle in your third photo just pulls off. Then you can take the opposite handle off the spindle, and then take the bolt out of the edge of the door.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]

I found those instructions a few days ago, but found no pin to push in as I stated above.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I found those instructions a few days ago, but found no pin to push in as I stated above.  

You have to take the inside knob off first. The pin is concealed by the knob.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Couldnt ever find it but ended up cutting both beauty plates off. Found some actual screws on the outside knob and undid those. The whole thing then fell apart. Wish I would have done that a week ago. Bleh.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Replace it with a Schlage.  They are the right combination of quality and ease of installation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top