Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 8:29:01 PM EDT
3rd Infantry Division tripping on LSD in Iraq, put in the water supply and food by Special Forces. SF drank the water, too. Looks like they had their own Jacob's Ladder, but this time it was fun.

I'm not sure what Audie Murphy would say, but am wondering who made the decision to make it 3 ID in the movie. Somebody put some thought into it, they don't make these decisions arbitrarily. What are you guys up to these days in the 3rd? Anything we should know about?

(for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it's just a movie....don't want to start any rumors..........it'll end up on DU.)
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they used the 3rd ID because when the Iraq war began, they were the guys we heard about most.

That's the only thing I can figure.

That movie wasn't worth a shit either way. George Clooney is an assclown.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

3rd Infantry Division tripping on LSD in Iraq, put in the water supply and food by Special Forces. SF drank the water, too. Looks like they had their own Jacob's Ladder, but this time it was fun.

I'm not sure what Audie Murphy would say, but am wondering who made the decision to make it 3 ID in the movie. Somebody put some thought into it, they don't make these decisions arbitrarily. What are you guys up to these days in the 3rd? Anything we should know about?

(for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it's just a movie....don't want to start any rumors..........it'll end up on DU.)

I never saw the movie... George Clooney kind of has that effect on me

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Jacobs ladder. Great flick. Very freaky.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#4]
That movie was retarded.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I couldn't even finish the movie.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That movie was retarded.

Yes it was.

Aside from Clooney they had a pretty good cast (Ewan McGregor, Kevin Spacey, Jeff Bridges) and attempted to put a funny spin on warfare, but hell NO couldn't close the deal. A couple of good actors just added a bomb to their resume.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jacobs ladder. Great flick. Very freaky.

Yeah, Jacob's Ladder was a great movie. Too bad Tim Robbins went full retard with his liberal views, he makes Sean Penn and Jeannine Garafolo look like die hard conservatives. He really went over the edge. He filled in for Craig Killborn (some late night talk show host, not sure if he's on anymore) with his wife about 3 or 4 years ago and spent 2 nights on an all out political attack against Bush. It's a comedy/late night talk show and they made it completely suck!. That was the last time I watched Killborn's show.

I find it interesting that anybody, liberal or conservative, would look to a bunch of spoiled millionaires who play pretend for a living for their political  views, and vote on it. Just look at Jon Stewart......
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Because any interaction we had with 3rd ID seemed like they were on drugs.......................those fuckers were infected with good idea fairies.......
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#9]
You know that movie was based in part on Major Ed Dames and his remote viewing claims. If you don't stay up late listening to AM radio, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That movie was retarded.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought the movie was Ok. It was not supposed the be Militaria Collectors Flick. It was a light comedy that centered around certain miltary events and programs.
It has some funny parts in it. Clooney was funny. Jeff Brigdes tickled the shit out of me. Spacey played his part good also I thought.
I did not watch it with any politcal bias in my mind and I enjoyed it.

But I do not give a shit to hear any of their views on politics. Make the movie and go vacation till the next one comes along.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#12]
It was worth the $1 rental. It had a few good parts.

It could have been better...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You know that movie was based in part on Major Ed Dames and his remote viewing claims. If you don't stay up late listening to AM radio, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Also based in part on Lynn Buchannan, Major David Morehouse, Micheal Enchanis and few other"special types"

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also based in part on Lynn Buchannan, Major David Morehouse, Micheal Enchanis and few other"special types"

And definitely not on events during the current war.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:37:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That movie was retarded.

Yep. Watched it last night. Sucked big time.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Sucked donkey balls, and I really liked Clooney's last two movies.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top