Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/5/2010 6:35:29 PM EDT
So, before the Obama election, they were apparently regarded as a good maker of quality AR's. Then Obama got elected and they jacked up their price and everyone went apeshit. Now they are a well-regarded maker again. Somehow, I missed a step. What did they do to earn your trust back? Or did you just let bygones be bygones?

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you're mistaken.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't earned anything back from me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Many (not all) finally accepted the facts about free market, and supply and demand.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't really care about their pricing.  They simply don't make anything I want.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#5]
They are an industry partner, and they made a LE upper for a great price.

Am I supposed to hold some kind of a grudge and stomp my feet or something?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, don't look at me. I don't own a Spikes product. It's not that I have a grudge or anything. As a denizen of the Retro forum, I just happen to have a fondness for Nodak lowers.

I was just comparing the grudges people had with Ruger and S&W against Spikes. It just seemed like Spikes recovered faster. I was curious why.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Hey, don't look at me. I don't own a Spikes product. It's not that I have a grudge or anything. As a denizen of the Retro forum, I just happen to have a fondness for Nodak lowers.

I was just comparing the grudges people had with Ruger and S&W against Spikes. It just seemed like Spikes recovered faster. I was curious why.

Well Ruger, in addition to lobbying his company's freedom of the AWB, just makes shitty guns

S&W, not too sure about. I think something to do with their revolvers

Cheaper than Dirt just lied about shit and blamed their raising prices by saying the manufacturers did it, when, in fact, they didn't.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
There was also the stuff with anvil arms.

But I still like Spikes. Good to see someone in the southern states putting out quality firearms.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Ruger... "Firearms for responsible citizens..." the slogan that came out before they made black guns...

Implying that anyone with a black gun, or more than 10 rounds, was somehow irresponsible?  Screw Ruger...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hey, don't look at me. I don't own a Spikes product...

Don' t look at me either, I sold my Spike's shit.  At a heavy discount.

I have a long memory when it comes to chicanery aimed at my wallet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So, before the Obama election, they were apparently regarded as a good maker of quality AR's. Then Obama got elected and they jacked up their price and everyone went apeshit. Now they are a well-regarded maker again. Somehow, I missed a step. What did they do to earn your trust back? Or did you just let bygones be bygones?

I 2 lowers for 85 bucks from a post election build party, does that mean they jacked their prices?? this was abotu 4 months after the election.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well Ruger, in addition to lobbying his company's freedom of the AWB, just makes shitty guns  

Cheaper than Dirt just lied about shit and blamed their raising prices by saying the manufacturers did it, when, in fact, they didn't.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Same here.......
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Spike lost ever bit of credibility with me for the shit they pulled in the IAHTF.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't forgotten.  Most dealers jacked up the price of lowers after the election.  They were just the first ones I noticed doing it within hours of the election.  To me, that's the definition of price gouging.  I'm sure my self imposed boycott hasn't hurt them one bit.  They seem to be doing fine... just not with my money.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Spike lost ever bit of credibility with me for the shit they pulled in the IAHTF.

What was that?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was that?

This.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

me either ... i'm all for free markets, but ............... nevermind............ lets just say that there are other good folks out there who now get my cash.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I sure hope we don't run out of sand so everyone that wants a turn gets one.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#21]
This must come up once a month.  If anyone forgets Spike's raising their prices it won't be because people let it die, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Is that some sort of sandy vagina joke? I don't quite get it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#23]
dunno they are still on my do not buy list
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that some sort of sandy vagina joke? I don't quite get it.

Yup.

The energy spent vilifying a gun manufacturer by some here gets old.

But hey, if it makes you happy, go ahead.

Holding grudges such as these doesn't do as much for me anymore.

I buy stuff because the price is right and it goes bang when I pull the trigger.

My Spikes upper fulfills both.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Many (not all) finally accepted the facts about free market, and supply and demand.

Some have yet to accept the facts about the customer's right to voice their opinion if they feel a supplier has artificially inflated the price.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Meh, I like Spikes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ruger continues to make some of the best revolvers on the market.  And while their semi auto's are a bit on the hefty side, they go bang every time.  Ruger shotguns are among the best at their price points and the Modell 77 is a damn fine bolt action.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Alls I know is you can cut one into 3 pieces and it will still fire, now thats reliability.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#29]
The rollmark still looks like sea urchins fucking.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.......

This...

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#31]
How many people panicked and actually paid those high prices?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does not compute.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I got tired of waiting for them to get some Uppers in after countless pushbacks and lies,so I went with BCM instead.So glad I went with BCM
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Ruger... "Firearms for responsible citizens..." the slogan that came out before they made black guns...

Implying that anyone with a black gun, or more than 10 rounds, was somehow irresponsible?  Screw Ruger...

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Bravo Company makes better rifles and uppers at a competative price.  CMMG of all people makes a better .22lr upper and kit.  Spikes still makes a decent product but they saw an opportunity to make money and did.  I can't really blame them.

Bravo Company didn't jack up prices.  They simply accepted the fact that they were going to sell out of certain items by selling them at a normal price and restocked them the best they could.  They won over customers that way and it was a better way to deal with supply and demand.  Sometimes earning respect is better than making a few quick bucks as there is already a poster or two in this thread that will not be a steady customer of Spikes anymore.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ruger continues to make some of the best revolvers on the market.  And while their semi auto's are a bit on the hefty side, they go bang every time.  Ruger shotguns are among the best at their price points and the Modell 77 is a damn fine bolt action.

Internet gun ninjas can, and will denigrate every firearm and accessory ever made.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#38]
So, if someone raises their prices, you get mad?  I would just look for something else at a price more to my liking.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#39]
They have good marketing and sucker people in. I am not a fan because of a bad experience I had with them. On the EE they had their buffer for a decent price and I went to get it on their site and shipping was about half of what the buffer cost. There were dozens of people who said the same thing and Spikes said they changed the cost of shipping and after several weeks of waiting for them to change shipping costs to a reasonable price I just gave up and got an H2 from Bravo
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was that?

This.

Essentially, there was IAHTF member that started a thread about a non-functioning .22 upper from spikes. It turned into a anti-spikes thread,multiple member had issues with their dedicated uppers. In the course of the exchange, a member brought the case of  friend that had submitted an improved component for their dedicated 22 bolt and said Spikes had said the were going to buy it. (its been a year I can remember for sure what component exactly) Well instead they took the design and farmed it out to people that would make it cheaper. Spikes came into the thread denied the entire thing took place. Emails were posted showing otherwise, including one that said to the effect spike would be ordering from the machinist when their secretary came back from vacation. Spikes threatened legal action and the thread was nuked from orbit shortly after.

Thus I lost my respect for the company. Plus my free float rail from them is a POS

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I did not pay much attention to them Pre obama but i heard they sold re packaged RRA with their logo on it .Might not be true just what i heard But i do know they put out a very good quality AR these days.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I have read about what transpired after the 2008 elections. Im not happy about it. Im currently in the market for a new high quality AR. The bottom line is Spikes puts out high quality stuff at a low price and I don't have enough extra cash to hold a grudge over a business decision.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Meh, I like Spikes.

I like their customer service and relatively low prices.

Whatever happened 2 years ago doesn't apply to now except to whiners that don't have their cheese.

Seriously, if they raise prices up again like you all said they did, you know what I'll do?  I'll grudgingly buy their product and complain for 2+ years!  

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#44]
i think they are going to be in trouble soon .they went full retard leasing or buying alot of bling during the high times,still waiting to see there new sand rail
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does not compute.

He remembers when people try to jack up their damn prices to screw their customers...?

I'll be glad to buy another of what i have with the spikes roll mark, It just wont say spikes.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Bravo makes a better product for a better price.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#47]
This shit is getting really old.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Anybody who get's the douche nozzle's panties in a wad at the 'other' forum like Spikes does is ok in my book!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Anybody who get's the douche nozzle's panties in a wad at the 'other' forum like Spikes does is ok in my book!

There's another forum?

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Not this again.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top