Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2010 4:17:04 PM EDT
above ground parts of their wells and septic systems?  Pics would be great
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Why hide it?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought this was going to be a "Tuck Dance" thread...

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I thought this was going to be a "Tuck Dance" thread...

And yet you still clicked on it
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why hide it?

It's unsightly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#5]
It is behind the red fence on the left side of the pic.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:28:12 PM EDT
[#6]
My septic main tank and sand mound pump tank have black corrugated pipe (24in) standing vertical to ground level and a concrete round laid over it and a thin layer of soil over that. My well head is visible as it sticks up about a foot I can see how a shrub or two could be used to hide that from view if one saw the need. I may end up bringing the grade up higher in that area to level it off and if I do I will do the same ––18 in of black corrugated culvert pipe or 12" PVC 18 in long with a flat circular paver laid over the end and some topsoil.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why hide it?

It's unsightly.

Well, I reckon if it ever does bother me I'm going to use one of those super magnum sized goose decoys.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmm, I have not thought of hiding it. I may have to look into that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#10]
They go underground around these parts
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Hostas are great to hide the top of the well if it's less than 12-18" above the ground.  Hostas come up early in the spring and last until mid-fall.  We have the same weather as VT.  They are also very shade tolerant.

What part of the septic system are you trying to hide?  Mine's entirely underground.  Do you have a vent or agitator?

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hostas are great to hide the top of the well if it's less than 12-18" above the ground.  Hostas come up early in the spring and last until mid-fall.  We have the same weather as VT.  They are also very shade tolerant.

What part of the septic system are you trying to hide?  Mine's entirely underground.  Do you have a vent or agitator?

http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com/botanical-gardens/hosta-helen-knight.jpg

The fucking deer eat my hostas like they're bambi-smack.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#14]
there are two round covers about 2 1/2' around.  they are plastic so I dont know if they will be buried.  The well has a 4'' pipe that sticks out about 2'
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

might work but they wouldnt look very natural in my AO
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#16]
This thread interests me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't have a well but some folks around here do.  I have seen little wooden wells used to cover well heads.  Think classic wishing well with shed roof, and bucket on a rope a winch, only in miniature.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:43:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't have a well but some folks around here do.  I have seen little wooden wells used to cover well heads.  Think classic wishing well with shed roof, and bucket on a rope a winch, only in miniature.

I think this is the route I am going to go.  Maybe I could even disguise a gennie and pump inside it?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fucking deer eat my hostas like they're bambi-smack.

That's why you plant a garden, silly.  That way they can eat your corn, beans, etc. instead of the hostas.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a permanent dent in my shin from my parents well head
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Traditional septic tanks here with extended leach field.  Everything is under ground, grass grows over it  and it gets mowed.   We have the tanks pumped out every few years, so I finally got some 12"diameter round concred stepping stones and placed over the cleanout plugs, I stacked several so that they are level with the grass to make that spot easy to find and not dig up the whole area finding the cleanout plug.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#22]
All my stuff is 100% underground.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top