Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/4/2010 12:07:23 PM EDT
Wife was buying a halmark card for her friends wedding that is taking place later on today.  After visiting the halmark store and not finding anything she liked, she decided to go to the walmart right across the parking lot.  She found a card she liked immediately and went on her way to check out.  Being a Saturday morning around 11am every line was packed full of people.  She found the shortest line and hopped in.  

*Now for a mental picture*  
 Wife is 24 years old 5'6'' and relatively petite.  She was wearing a dress and dressy shoes for the wedding.  Her hair was all done up and she was holding a debit card and a card.  In front of her was a woman with a full cart roughly the same age as we are.  In front of her was the white trash carnival which consisted of a man and woman roughly 30 years old and a 80 year old man in a wheel chair as white trash as they were.  The white trash couple was wearing the usual t shirt 3 sizes to big nasty flip flops and dirty jean shorts.  

So while white trash carnival is being rung up the lady in front of my wife offers to let her go first because she was obviously in a hurry and only had 1 thing to pay for.  My wife accepted and thanked the lady.  After ringing up 2 FULL CARTS of groceries they whip out there government assistance debit card and go to pay.  Well come to find out 44 dollars on your debit card doesnt pay for 260 dollars worth of groceries.  After making a huge scene and having the cashier run the card several times they decide to dig through the 80 year old mans wallet for money.  

While this is all happening my wife stairs at the floor and plays with the batteries next to the counter.  Thats when the white trash women turns to the man and says "if this bitch behind me looks at me like that one more time im going to knock her out."  Both my wife, the woman behind her and the cashier all are astonished at this womans cowardly way of threatening her.  No more words were said and they left.  My wife paid and went to leave the store.  As she was leaving the WTC (white trash carnival) was standing in the entry way (still in the store) smoking their cigarettes and stairing at my wife.  My wife squeezes around them and pays them no mind.  She walks to her car and guess who is parked right next to her.

My wife gets in her truck and starts to back out.  The WTC conveniently positions their carts directly behind my wifes truck so she cant back out.  They take forever to unload their carts and leave.  My wife eventually leaves and calls me to tell me everything.  

I give her my earful of what she did wrong but its in one side and out the other.  What do YOU GUYS think she could have done better?

(BTW she does carry a S&W model 66 but left it in the truck because she was all dressed up.)

mike  

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish somebody would pull that shit on me. Their shit would be scattered all over the parking lot and I'd leave them to pick up everything that I didn't flatten on my way out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Sometimes, when you drive a big truck, you can miss seeing things that are right behind you.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, first of all, help her find a mode of carry that she will use all the time, or enough types that one will always work.
Second, I probably would tell her she left the parking lot under her own power without having gotten into any kind of fight, so she done good.
As much as I hate to say it, the WTC did nothing (from the story) that warranted any kind of response.  (Flame on.)
Lastly, I'd consider getting her some OC spray for times when lethal force isn't appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I wish somebody would pull that shit on me. Their shit would be scattered all over the parking lot and I'd leave them to pick up everything that I didn't flatten on my way out.

I agree with that. Just keep on backing up, paying no mind.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It takes a little practice to bump a cart so that it bounces and spills the contents, rather than just pushing it along. But yeah, this.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like she avoided responding to provocation––- perhaps leaving more distance between her and the others would have been useful.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Wife pics or GTFO!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sometimes, when you drive a big truck, you can miss seeing things that are right behind you.

My thoughts exactly
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#10]
BEEP.....BEEP......BEEP.......BEEP.......CRASH......OOPS.....BEEP.....BEEP.....BEEP.....

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#11]
This comes to mind.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

THIS!!!!!! x a million. i wish some fat ass smart ass bitch would do that to me

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Well, first of all, help her find a mode of carry that she will use all the time, or enough types that one will always work.

Second, I probably would tell her she left the parking lot under her own power without having gotten into any kind of fight, so she done good.

As much as I hate to say it, the WTC did nothing (from the story) that warranted any kind of response. (Flame on.)

Lastly, I'd consider getting her some OC spray for times when lethal force isn't appropriate.

I agree with this.  You can't teach people like the WTC a lesson or make them see logic without stepping over the line and becoming an asshat yourself.  I think she did well (with the exception of leaving the gun in the truck). YMMV
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#14]

I like how the slapper positions the slappee so that he won't swallow his tongue or choke on his own vomit.  That's really touching.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Get out of car, kick cart over, push the old mans wheelchair into the street and spit in the womans face and then ask if there are any more problems

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It takes a little practice to bump a cart so that it bounces and spills the contents, rather than just pushing it along. But yeah, this.

I tried to bump a cart out of a space I wanted a while back and I barely touched it but maybe my tire or something ran over the wheel a little bit (honestly I don't know what the fuck happened) but I was nudging it out of the way and then I felt a bump and if flew about a foot in the air and shot off and smashed into a piece of shit little truck two spots over.

The guy was actually walking out to his truck and saw the whole thing happen and told me not to worry about it.

ETA: If the guy with the piece of shit truck is a member here, thanks again for not getting mad.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Bottom line:

Your wife maintained her composure and class.

They had no class, and never will.  Nothing your wife could have said or done would have changed that.  

Only comment is she could have found a different lane.  I try to avoid stinky people regardless of race.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#18]
nobody will miss them...
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#19]
my trucks to nice to go flattening shopping carts so I probably would have said "will you move your fucking carts please" or maybe would have just got out and shoved the carts as hard as I could....but I probably would have picked a different line in the first place. I tend to view who is in line as a deciding factor and would have picked an express lane no matter how long it is.

I think your mrs did ok.....

Pics of dressed up wife??
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Your wife did the right thing under the circumstances..  she should be commended...
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wife pics or GTFO!

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Bottom line:

They had no class, and never will.  Nothing your wife could have said or done would have changed that.  

Only comment is she could have found a different lane.  I try to avoid stinky people regardless of race.

This

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bottom line:

+1
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Were it me there would have been a physical confrontation... that's how I am.

If it were my woman, I would want her to walk away and put as much space between her and them as quickly as possible. Not a fan of women fighting and I certainly wouldn't have wanted her to pull out her gatt and starting busting on fools in the parking lot either. Your wife kept it classy and made it home safely. Sounds like she did the right thing.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I would have said to the old man in the wheelchair....

"If your her father, you sure did a hell of a job of raising a white trash bitch".

Sometimes I can't help myself....I lived in NJ way too long

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Bottom line:

Agree

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#27]
First mistake was going to Walmart.  You just know there's going to be a mixture of white and ghetto trash there, just like there's going to be an unflushed turd in a highway rest area crapper
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
...she decided to go to the walmart ...

Right there is the problem.

ETA - beat by 30 seconds!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd report them to the state welfare authorities.  The social security and other checks the 80-year-old man is receiving probably dis-qualify their household.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Your wife has more control, WAY MORE, than I do.

She did the right thing only after having to go to Wally's World.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
First mistake was going to Walmart.  You just know there's going to be a mixture of white and ghetto trash there, just like there's going to be an unflushed turd in a highway rest area crapper

I've commented to my wife that I wish WalMart wouldn't put its ammo counters at the far corner of its stores. Having to walk through them always reminds me of why I'm stocking up on ammo in the first place.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've commented to my wife that I wish WalMart wouldn't put its ammo counters at the far corner of its stores. Having to walk through them always reminds me of why I'm stocking up on ammo in the first place.

That's why you park at automotive and go in the back door. Front row parking and you're right by the sporting goods and electronics.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Second post nails it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#35]
That's why you park at automotive and go in the back door. Front row parking and you're right by the sporting goods and electronics.

That is what I always do.

OP, your wife did alright, in fact she showed good restraint.  No good would have come from messing with those folks fools.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ponyboy, you're a genius.  I've never thought to do that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ponyboy, you're a genius.  I've never thought to do that.

And if I need something at the front of the store I park in the corner at lawn and garden and I check out there also. Usually there is nobody in line but if there is it's usually just one or two people with just a couple of things.

I don't like Walmart but it's a necessary evil, so I try to make my trip as quick as possible and with as little interaction with people as I can.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Have any of you read the signs out front of some Wal-Marts...... NO FIREARMS!!!  If she took it in she could have gone to jail.  She did absolutely the right thing in a situation where she was outnumbered and unarmed.  Unless she's an MMA fighter, I wouldn't want my ol' lady getting into a fist-fight with some useless piece.  Remeber Karma is a bitch and has already shown that heifer her life sucks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Have any of you read the signs out front of some Wal-Marts...... NO FIREARMS!!!  If she took it in she could have gone to jail.

Maybe in Florida but those signs have no significance in Texas. Not sure about the OP's state.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Have any of you read the signs out front of some Wal-Marts...... NO FIREARMS!!!

Oh my GOD!!! You're right. What are we thinking!

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Not all walmart stores ban firearms.

Quoted:

Have any of you read the signs out front of some Wal-Marts...... NO FIREARMS!!!  If she took it in she could have gone to jail.  She did absolutely the right thing in a situation where she was outnumbered and unarmed.  Unless she's an MMA fighter, I wouldn't want my ol' lady getting into a fist-fight with some useless piece.  Remeber Karma is a bitch and has already shown that heifer her life sucks.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#42]
WIFE PICS NOW!!!

And she did good, avoiding confrontation.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Have any of you read the signs out front of some Wal-Marts...... NO FIREARMS!!! If she took it in she could have gone to jail. She did absolutely the right thing in a situation where she was outnumbered and unarmed. Unless she's an MMA fighter, I wouldn't want my ol' lady getting into a fist-fight with some useless piece. Remeber Karma is a bitch and has already shown that heifer her life sucks.

My Walmarts are not posted...and people OC and I assume CCW all the time inside.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Correct!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#45]
your wife shopped at china mart and your wife won the prize, the lowest common denominators shops there, expect that crap to happen
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Wow, I once got into a shopping cart rage at the local Wall-Mart. I only go there in the daytime. I would avoid going to Wally World after sundown unless absolutely necessary. Otherwise, I would got to a Target, CVS etc even thought they are a bit more expensive. Money you can always make, to save a few cents and get into an altercation at Wally World is not worth it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have any of you read the signs out front of some Wal-Marts...... NO FIREARMS!!!  If she took it in she could have gone to jail.

Maybe in Florida but those signs have no significance in Texas. Not sure about the OP's state.

Don't mean shit here at all....
Most don't bother to post them either.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#48]
I give your wife a lot of respect for remaining calm and keeping her composure.  

I would like to think I could have.  I probably would have laughed at the threat, then laughed again as they stared me down leaving.  The blocking me in part though may have set me off.

Speaking of wal-mart stories though, I worked with a lady that was shopping there when some young girl about 12ish years old noticed her OU shoes and said, "Eww, OU sucks!" in a hateful voice.  She replied back, "You should be more respectful."  The girls mother overheard both comments and came unglued making ass-kicking threats to the lady I worked with and was yelling and cussing up a storm.  Some people just live angry lives.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Speaking of wal-mart stories though, I worked with a lady that was shopping there when some young girl about 12ish years old noticed her OU shoes and said, "Eww, OU sucks!" in a hateful voice.  She replied back, "You should be more respectful."  The girls mother overheard both comments and came unglued making ass-kicking threats to the lady I worked with and was yelling and cussing up a storm.  Some people just live angry lives.

Smart little girl.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Wife did the right thing.  At the conclusion, the WTC is exactly that and your wife isn't.

Reward enough IMO.

However, a man would have reacted and said "Bring in trailer trash" at the counter and beat them to death with their own grociers.

YMMV
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top