BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/4/2010 11:51:23 AM EDT
Watching it with dad now.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0805663/

Maybe it's the guns, the fact Gerald Mcraney starred in a CCW dvd, or Hawkin's badassedness.

What say we start an ARF'com firemisson sending more walnuts to FOX to get season 3?

Well at least "walking dead" will be out soon.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I to feel your pain
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree. It was a really good series, with many themes that are attractive to Arfcommers.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#3]
CBS created it.

Oh, and fuck Fox.  Never will forgive them for Firefly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Give the Barakalypse a little more time.  You might get more of a taste than you'd like.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree.

We had a station here that was airing it and then the station switched its host (lack of better words) and now all we have is old fucking movies that arent worth a shit and get replayed

every fucking month it seems.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I miss the show as well. It was the best damn TV series, I ever saw.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, that was a good show that CBS screwed the pooch on by taking a summer off mid season like established shows like 24 and Lost did. Poor choice.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#8]
It was entertaining and better than 99% of the other garbage on TV. I wish HBO or Showtime would make a SHTF themed series along the same lines.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Amen. I liked the series and thought it had some potential. Not sure where it would have gone after the 2nd season though.

Unfortunately, it cost too much money to produce and reality shows are cheaper. That and there's a good portion of our society that would rather watch a bunch of dumbasses argue, not anything of substance.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Having seen the alternate ending to season 2, I'm glad they cancelled it. It was just going to get moronic from there...
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#11]
production cost wasn't the problem.

less than stellar nielsen numbers were.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#12]
they made season 2 knowing they were already canceled tho im sure they wouldnt have pushed the ending they did if they knew they were coming back
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for reminding me....the sadness is now back
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I agree. It was a really good series, with many themes that are attractive to Arfcommers.

It was a great pilot, a fairly shitty series with themes that appealed to arfcommers. Face it we like the idea of Jericho better than the implementation.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Let it died dude.  lest it go the way of The Unit.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

IIRC, this was actually mentioned in an interview. Certainly if the ratings were there, it would be worth it.

On a related note, I'm still kindof pissed about them cancelling "My Name is Earl" as well. That Mexican chick was worth every episode.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, And how many people in every neighborhood, Has a rating box on the TV set?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#18]
A good show, but if any should return from the dead it would be Firefly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, And how many people in every neighborhood, Has a rating box on the TV set?

this was an issue where cbs could not be bothered to look deeper and consider dvr'd, on demand numbers.

and to clarify,

jericho was renewed for two reasons:

1: the fan response to the cancellation,

2: more importantly, it was new content to be aired during the impending writer's strike that left other networks airing reruns.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#20]
the ONLY show my wife and I watched together

i WILL NOT watch project dumbway with her.

or boston med
or greys groin

or whatever else.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've done the neilson thing a couple times.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#22]
it was really wierd when the ICBM's launched over the town
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I loved the show....but it did take a big hit when they killed off Mayor Johnston Green.  He was an important part of the show.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone ever pick up the comic book that was supposed to pick up the the story for season 3? I've never been able to find it in any local stores.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anyone ever pick up the comic book that was supposed to pick up the the story for season 3? I've never been able to find it in any local stores.

yep, i got them. unfortunately, the publisher, ddp, is having issues and still have not done issues 4-6.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#27]
That show had some pretty hot chicks in it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#28]
My understanding is that it wasn't ever expected to make it past the first couple of episodes because of the premise of the show, however I'm glad that was proven wrong.  I felt it would've done better if the break in the middle of season 1 wasn't so long.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Me too man my wife got me the whole series on DVD
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I loved that series.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#31]
RIP Jericho
"This government is corrupt at its core, its actions are criminal, and I
no longer recognize its right to lead." - Major Edward Beck

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#32]

I've got the boxed set as well, and I couldn't tell you how many times I've watched both seasons back-to-back. A few flaws to be sure, but a great series that was very well written.

'Season 3' would have been interesting......since the series seemed to headed in the direction of a revolution.

Maybe CBS was affraid of the social / political ramifications & 'fallout'?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, the next step is to watch "Jeremiah".  A post SHTF show.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#34]
TV tends to scrap the good shows that make people think and continue producing mindless crap.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#35]
My aluminum foil hat relayed some information to me that made me wonder if it was too close to reality,
teaching survival skills, scaring people into becoming preppers and loosening the hold that the
government has on all of us. Giving people dangerous ideas that they CAN take care of themselves.

I really liked it and I sent 5 lbs of nuts when they cancelled it. I watched Jeremiah for a while but it
was too soft-core.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It was entertaining and better than 99% of the other garbage on TV. I wish HBO or Showtime would make a SHTF themed series along the same lines.

I love that idea even better than the BOTD photos.

Think "Deadwood" with M4's.

Quoted:
I loved the show....but it did take a big hit when they killed off Mayor Johnston Green.  He was an important part of the show.

I wish he could have ran in 2008.

Quoted:
Let it died dude.  lest it go the way of The Unit.

Good point.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I miss it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I miss Mimi
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

CBS created it.

Oh, and fuck Fox.  Never will forgive them for Firefly.

agreed.

and the 2nd season was trash.

one thing i wish we did was make single season shows, like the anime from japan, an entire story told and wrapped up in 13-26 episodes. I get so tired of the never ending shows, or even worse the ones that reset every episode.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC, this was actually mentioned in an interview. Certainly if the ratings were there, it would be worth it.

On a related note, I'm still kindof pissed about them cancelling "My Name is Earl" as well. That Mexican chick was worth every episode.

I never liked Earl.......His rough looks which is what old redneck stoners are supposed to look like did not match his clean cut pussy type voice,had they got the voice with the look right good show

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Just got to the episode with the poser-marines.

Why is it you don't call a NCO sir? I mean they do outrank you kinda.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Because they are not commissioned officers, they are enlisted personnel.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.
I just "sir" every guy older than me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And they will kick your ass if you do it more than once.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Great show.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

the ONLY show my wife and I watched together

i WILL NOT watch project dumbway with her.

or boston med

or greys groin

or whatever else.

This X 10!

Even got her ok with some minor prepping.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#47]
It was okay...not great, some episodes stood out but overall it was pretty uneven and in parts not believable..I did not care for how it ended.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#48]
I never even knew about the series during its first season.  (I don't watch much TV.)  I did see the first episode of the second season, and then went out and bought the first season on DVD.  Probably watch the whole thing in two days.

Didn't catch much of the second season on TV either, so I went out and bought it on DVD also.  The second season was somewhat of a letdown.  If they could have just focused on the town and avoided the running around to WY and TX it would have been better.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What wouldn't have better numbers than American Idol when put in the same time slot? Considering the outcry, people WANTED to see this show very badly. There was talk of selling the show to someone like SciFi, don't know if that ever materialized or not.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#50]
I miss it too
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top