Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2002 6:08:46 PM EDT
Heading to the east side of the state for turkey hunting in the morning.  Season starts Monday but it's 7hrs there and then a day of scouting.  Last year was my first year and I got two.  Had an absolute blast!  What will you guys do without me for 5 days?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
VA season starts tomorrow....really looking forward to it...I am a turkey hunting addict.  Also a time to destract myself from the stress that I have built up.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#2]
My grandfather killed a 19lb. gobbler w/ 9.5" beard two weeks ago and yesterday he killed a 26lb. gobbler w/ a 12" beard.  It doesn't pay to strut around in front of his Browning A5 w/ Win. copper coated #4's, he never misses!  

[i]I've got a pic of the 1st one I'll try and post tomorrow.[/i]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
yesterday he killed a 26lb. gobbler w/ a 12" beard. quote]

I'd like to see that pic.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#4]
If I'd have had the camera then I'd have got a pic.  This guy had legs that'd make a butterball turkey look puney!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a pretty good (& wet) hunt this morning....didn't kill one though.  I had 4 toms within 100 yards of me and I was able to call 1 within 15ft!!! but he was on my right side and I couldn't shift positions without giving my self away.  I thought he would go over to my 3 decoys but he didn't, just sort of wondered off.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top