Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2002 3:36:42 PM EDT
Well looks like the forest products industry is going the way of the dodo bird in the US and my forestry consulting firm is on its way to close the doors....I have a BS in Forestry and Wildlife from Virginia Tech so I don't know what else there is for me....anyone have ideas?  Going back to school is not an option because I already owe a bunch of money and can't afford to spend anymore.......
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't sound good, buddy. It's too bad we sent so much of our high quality forest products to Japan to be processed, and not finished here. Not entirely related to your predicament, I know.

Again, sorry to hear that.

BTT!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fed or state jobs? Department of Environmental Conservation type stuff? National Park work? Pay may not be as good but the don't lay people off to often, do they?

Don't utilities hire contract companies that determine what trees can and should be removed when laying power lines i.e. are the trees they want to remove protected, which are the best to cut down etc. and also keeping track of trees encroaching on lines?

What about work outside the US consulting?

French Foreign Legion?

Ninja?

Gigalo?
View Quote

I refuse to work for the feds....they are too "green" I am (was) specialized in preharvest planing and timber assesment and all the feds do is assist lost hickers and put out camp fires.  The power company is a great idea!!! I never thought about that...must look into it.

I have been thinking about teaching HS or law enforcement...I have a clean record and great with guns....if I could find a gun shop that would pay what I am making now I would take that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top