Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/1/2010 8:03:38 AM EDT
So i'm washing the harley this past saturday afternoon wife and kids outside just get done and sit sown in a lawn chair I notice a old chev conversion van driving up the street curtains in the windows and the guy is staring us down...........I didn't say a word but I was thinking WTF is guys F'ing deal????  just as he passes the house my girls (twins 11yrs old) say " Dad Thats the guy that was stalking us yesterday" I said WHAT I almost took off after him but I said what do you mean stalking you? they said well yeaterday(friday we were playing in the church parking lot( bout 1 block from our house) and he pulled up and just sat there and watched us and we got kinda scared so we started walking towards down town (The game room) (our town is a small farm town in southern wisconsin less than 3000 people) They said he followed them down town and they thought about stopping at the police station but they didn't want to bother them.........( I KNow) so I called the law so happens the chief was on duty he was at our house in less than 5 min I told him what went down he questioned the girls and left..............now mind you this was saturday we were gone sunday so monday I stop at the police station well no one is onduty till 300pm had to go to work so fast forward to wednesday am I'm on way home from work at 7 am I see the cheif and stop and talk to him He says Theres a problem There have been several reports of vehicle doing the same thing in a near by town.............I' am now PISSED  I called the Sherriff today and talked to the Dective dept they kinda blew me off and said well talk to the Chief.........I HAVE TOLD THE CHIEF if I see this van again IT"S ON all of our neighbors are scared to let the kids go outside I kinda feel like a Lone voice that is not being listened to WTF does it take................

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#1]
you thread title should be  "weirdo possibly getting his face stomped on".
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Yikes.  My attorney has advised me to not post anything about what I might do in this particular situation.  Sounds like your PD Chief is on it, hope they can do something.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:09:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Those are the times I call guys like Bama and Pato for some help.

Oops, I see where you already did that.  

Good going.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#4]
In for When stalker gets cappd.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:11:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
you thread title should be  "weirdo possibly getting his face stomped on".

Or "Paragraph Holocoust"
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:11:57 AM EDT
[#6]
You did everything wrong so far.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#7]
It sounds like you know exactly what needs to be done.  Having three kids, I'd be off the chain in your situation.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Keep the kids on a short, supervised leash.  Maintain SA.  Start every paper trail you can imagine with LEO.  Keep your head about you, you'll do your family no good in jail.  I'm sure this freak will fuck-up and hang himself.  Pictures of van, license plate and driver will help lots.  Good hunting, brother!
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:12:38 AM EDT
[#9]
SSS
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:13:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm far from the paranoid sort but that guy could be a few ounces' worth of willpower away from just grabbing a kid.

You need to get a plate # and get the research done on his history.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In for When stalker gets cappd.

lol

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:14:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

SSS

This.  Small communities already have lots of secrets, what's one more.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#13]
no crime to say what you will not do.if i were in your shoes that would be a very short list.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Next time someone sees the van, get the license plate.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Set up in your top floor with a precision weapon.  Have your daughter play alone out front with a hidden tazer.  When he tries to grab her, she tazes him and runs.  You shoot him.

Or get one of these:
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I learned as a child that a .22 screwed up the radiator of a parked vehicle of the high school bullies that would mess with us 3rd graders.  (Our schools were next to each other and ours got out half an hour after them.)  
I'm pretty sure it was a friends Dad sending a warning.  
They surly had no idea who or why, but they stopped hanging out.

If I was put in any situation like you have been, I would be spitting with rage.  I have two daughters.  A predator, bear, mountain lion, human, etc. would get no quarter from me or my friends.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Did the van look like this?

Seiously, I hope they catch him!
Keep an eye on those kids and be prepared to take care of business.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

SSS

Yep.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Maybe so but in this situation I WILL NOT TAKE ANY CHANCES AND IF IT MEANS I GET  IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW FOR PROTECTING MY GIRLS THEN SO BE IT
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Feel fortunate the Chief shared the info he had with you.  The police know, the neighbors know, you've done your part.  At this point everyone is looking for calm, cool, collected, decisive behavior from you; the muscle in the family.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So i'm washing the harley this past saturday afternoon wife and kids outside just get done and sit sown in a lawn chair I notice a old chev conversion van driving up the street curtains in the windows and the guy is staring us down...........I didn't say a word but I was thinking WTF is guys F'ing deal????  just as he passes the house my girls (twins 11yrs old) say " Dad Thats the guy that was stalking us yesterday" I said WHAT I almost took off after him but I said what do you mean stalking you? they said well yeaterday(friday we were playing in the church parking lot( bout 1 block from our house) and he pulled up and just sat there and watched us and we got kinda scared so we started walking towards down town (The game room) (our town is a small farm town in southern wisconsin less than 3000 people) They said he followed them down town and they thought about stopping at the police station but they didn't want to bother them.........( I KNow) so I called the law so happens the chief was on duty he was at our house in less than 5 min I told him what went down he questioned the girls and left..............now mind you this was saturday we were gone sunday so monday I stop at the police station well no one is onduty till 300pm had to go to work so fast forward to wednesday am I'm on way home from work at 7 am I see the cheif and stop and talk to him He says Theres a problem There have been several reports of vehicle doing the same thing in a near by town.............I' am now PISSED  I called the Sherriff today and talked to the Dective dept they kinda blew me off and said well talk to the Chief.........I HAVE TOLD THE CHIEF if I see this van again IT"S ON all of our neighbors are scared to let the kids go outside I kinda feel like a Lone voice that is not being listened to WTF does it take................

Coherence.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Go on TV and tell this creep that he doesn't have to come and confess; you gon' find him.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Carry a camera and get photos of him and the van.  Let him see you taking the photos.  Get the license plate.

Then again, I would likey jumped in the car and followed him the first time I heard there is a possible situation myself and I would have got the license plate, and description of the van.  Perhaps not a bright idea but first instinct would be to confirm my CCW was on me and try to get a proper id of the van.

Then post a modified version of this sign on your front yard...

Replace LOOT with STALK

If your kids don't have a phone, get them a track phone!  Find the person with the van and invite him on a fishing trip, I am sure he will make good bait!
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would have chased him down, got the tag number, called 911 and followed him till the cops arrived.

YMMV

This as well as taking a few photos that you pass along to the local PD/Sheriff's Dept.

I would have been packing as well...
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe so but in this situation I WILL NOT TAKE ANY CHANCES AND IF IT MEANS I GET  IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW FOR PROTECTING MY GIRLS THEN SO BE IT

#1 Keep your mouth shut, why post on here?
#2 get rid of the threat in a manner that insures your children and others are now safe.
#3 have a refreshing beverage of choice.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Go on TV and tell this creep that he doesn't have to come and confess; you gon' find him.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

BELIEVE ME I'VE BEEN LOOKIN
call me crazy I just expected a really different response from the police
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#29]
are there any registered sex offenders in your area?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I would have chased him down, got the tag number, called 911 and followed him till the cops arrived.

YMMV

this
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:26:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Where's your dog during all of this?
Why not have the kids just take the dog with them?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#2 get rid of the threat in a manner that insures your children and others are now safe.

ok...this works too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:27:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been qiuet for 3 days today is the first day of school here i was approached when I was young by some freak and I WiLL NOT LET IT HAPPEN TO MY GIRLS

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:27:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BELIEVE ME I'VE BEEN LOOKIN
call me crazy I just expected a really different response from the police

Maybe talk to the LE in the other town and see if they have any more info, and make them aware that it's going on in your town too.  Not sure what else to do besides kill him and throw him in the river (if you have one nearby).
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:28:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Set up in your top floor with a precision weapon.  Have your daughter play alone out front with a hidden tazer.  When he tries to grab her, she tazes him and runs.  You shoot him.

Or get one of these:
http://www.abouttimecanecorso.com/images/CaneCorsoSecuritySystem1.jpg

Holy crap - what the hell is that?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

We have 3 dogs but if a fucking freak is gonna act hes gonna act

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#38]
"Sir, we found the vehicle you filed a suspicious behavior report on in a ditch about 10 miles away.  Looked like the thing rolled over at a high rate of speed several times, and the occupant was discovered to have two bullet wounds to the face.  We couldn't help but notice that your truck seems to have recently incurred a bit of damage to the front of it.  Would you mind telling us what happened?"

"Let me tell you something, officer...  There are too many god damn deer in this area.  You take your eyes away from the road for one second to change the radio station, look up, and wind up 'Bam'-ing Bambi.  I'd be happy to show you the carcass, but I couldn't believe it when the thing ran off into the woods!"

"Thank you for your statement, sir.  Have a nice day."

_MaH
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have 3 dogs but if a fucking freak is gonna act hes gonna act

get them twin pepper spray keychains.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#40]
CCW holster for 11 year old girls?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#42]
You can't shoot someone for looking at your children. Don't do something that is going to get you locked up. Best bet is to get a plate and let the police find him and have a come to jesus meeting with the guy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#43]

+

+

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Write down every detail you and your girls can about the van - make, model, size, dents or rust, color of curtains, etc.  Distribute info to all neighbors (flyer in paperbox works) as some may not have gotten the word.  If the perp stays in the area eventually someone will see the van and call the cops.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or get one of these:

Cane Corso sometimes called an Italian Mastiff, but it isn't.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or get one of these:

That is a Cane Corso and that is an awesome specimen. I believe that one is from a breeder in Az. ETA: New Mexico
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Take this VERY seriously.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Year before last, I had just gotten back from the grocery store with my daughter.  She was playing behind the truck in the drive way as I'm getting stuff out of the truck.  I back the truck in most of the time so the vehicle was blocking casual observation of me from the road.  A mid 90's Jaguar XJ came down the street real slow.  It stopped in the road out in front of my house and this creepy looking guy sat there watching my daughter.  I observed him for about 30 seconds with hand on gun waiting for him to try something.  Finally, tiring of it, I stepped out from behind the door and this guy sees me.  He tears off down the road and I noted that the rear glass of the car had been broken out.  I could not get a plate number.

Of course, I reported the incident to the Sheriff's office.  Not much they could do but at least they are aware that some punk was observing my daughter so my butt is at least a little covered if something happens.

Pedophiles should be burned alive.  Anyone that would harm a child like that deserves being fed into a tree chipper feet first.  I have zero compassion for people that do that and zero tolorance.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Take this VERY seriously.

Thanks I do and I feel like I'm the only one who is
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Face Book it with a general description and story. Fkr will have a hard time floating anywhere in your area.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top