Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2010 9:31:29 AM EDT
It is sad what the 'history' channel has become.   Anyone gonna watch the chumlee marathon?
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#1]
garbage
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I love the history channel, but come on. This is one of the most stuped shows they air. Well, right next to "Pickers."
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe the day should be devoted to shows about the history of labor in the US.
The era of apprenticeship, the industrial revolution, the rise of labor unions, how the 40 hour work week came to be?

The History channel is a joke.
Pawn stars, axe men, swamp people, ice road truckers, global warming, and big foot.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#4]
It could be worse. They could do nothing but Monster Quest, UFO Files, or some bullshit about the JFK conspericies.
Quoted:

The era of apprenticeship, the industrial revolution, the rise of labor unions, how the 40 hour work week came to be?

Pawn stars, axe men, swamp people, ice road truckers, global warming, and big foot.

Swamp people isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be(at least so far). Their take on hunting alligators is a hell of a lot more interesting then those deer hunts on the "Field and Stream" channel where a guy dressed in cammo walks in the woods and whispers to himself for a hour than in the last 5 minutes he bags a 10 point buck that has been avoiding him all day.

I just wished they start talking more about the money that can be made doing it. The only $$$ so far was the $1,400 for the 1 750lb gator.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I love the history channel, but come on. This is one of the most stuped shows they air. Well, right next to "Pickers."

Come on, pickers is actually kinda good.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Didn't they also pull this shit on Memorial Day and July 4th?

I remember loving to watch the History Channel when I was in elementary school,
it was mostly WW2 history and documentaries, now it's mostly reality-TV garbage
for entertainment, not any educational value to it.

WTF
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Correct on all counts.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

WTF

Damn,  remember when the history channel had a front and back cover and possibly a few illustrations.

I'm getting old.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I love the show....go Rick.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I can only give you half of what you want for it and that's the best I can do.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I love how their new tag line serves as an excuse as to why these stupid shows are on the history channel to begin with. The tagline is "Making History" or "History Made Every Day"..

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

Damn,  remember when the history channel had a front and back cover and possibly a few illustrations.

I'm getting old.

I like to watch TV at the gym.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I went to the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop last week. Didn't meet anyone from the show. We went at night.

It was pretty cool seeing stuff from the show. I got a T shirt. My wife got a Sapphire and Diamond ring.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on, pickers is actually kinda good.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

please tell me your joking,
spending your life jewing down hoarders to make 20 bucks?

yeah sweet show...
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll watch Pawn Stars and enjoy it half the time.  But my gripe is they hardly make a new show anymore and when they do it's at random frequency.  I get all excited that it's 10 pm on Monday night and I'm about to watch Pawn Stars, only to find out they're ones I've already seen.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#17]
At least this show does have some history to it, antiques/artifacts with some back story etc and they seem to have quite a few firearm and military items highlighted. What the hell does ice road trucking have to do with History? Guess the schedule was full over at Discovery Channel.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

At least this show does have some history to it, antiques/artifacts with some back story etc and they seem to have quite a few firearm and military items highlighted. What the hell does ice road trucking have to do with History? Guess the schedule was full over at Discovery Channel.

This,

Swamp People is intresting enough but it belongs on Discovery or National Geographics, but then again I wouldn't be watching it if it were on the one of those channels. Hell, I don't even know what the number is for the National Geographics or Discovery channel. Maybe they know that and figure they'll get more advertizing dollars buy using the History Channel.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Makes me fucking sick what History channel has become. I used to watch History chan every fucking day, all the damn time. I don't watch it at all now. It's been like 2 weeks since I turned it there. Whenever I need a war documentary fix I just put in a war documentary I have burned on a dvd and just watch that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top