Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2002 5:18:51 AM EDT
Well have you?  Its has to be in by April 21!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah.

Doubt it does any good, but I did.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:49:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I faithfully did so for all these years, but this year, I threw it away.  (Ok, so I had a ton of junk mail to deal with).  I honestly have no idea what they actually do with those numbers; I have never heard from them again about the TAG poll.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.  

They use those polls to help lobby congress as to what gun owners think and want. You would have found that out if you would have read the letter included with it.

Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]
where's the
"do you think the NRA should do more to protect the legal ownership of semi automatic rifles like the AR15, AK47, and other 'military style' rifles" option?

I think I'll include a letter with my poll telling the NRA to fight to insure the assault weapons ban sunsets, and isn't renewed, and a new law isn't made to take its place.

including this with my completed poll(it looks better in Word as the formatting seems to get lost when pasting it here), feel free to use or modify it
Dear Mr. Baker,
In addition to answering the questions on this year’s TAG poll I would like to inform you of some of my other feelings on gun ownership and legislation.  I hope the NRA will take these concerns into account when lobbying lawmakers.
It is my understanding that the Assault Weapons Ban that took affect in 1994, and restricts the capacity of magazines and limits the features that semi automatic rifles can have, will expire in 2004.  It is my hope that the NRA will lobby Congress so that this law will not be renewed, and a new law will not be passed to replace it.  There are many gun owners who own so called “assault rifles” for safe recreational shooting, among other reasons, and the NRA should help them to be able to continue owning these firearms legally.
I would like to thank the NRA for defending the 2nd Amendment, and for educating people about the ways to safely own firearms. I hope the NRA will continue to do so, and fight to help all gun owners.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Was that the mailer where the NRA asks for a donation?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
yes, and questions with 3 answers that you fill in circles to answer.
and in my experience everything the NRA mails has a part asking for money [:)]

Quoted:
Was that the mailer where the NRA asks for a donation?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I threw mine away this year for some reason.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I sent it, but with the campaign reform bill in place, will it do any good???

[:)>]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Look, I blew about $400 at "Friends of the NRA" dinner this year, but those polls, methinks, are bullshit.  They are just trying to give people the illusion they are actually participating in something.

I tossed mine.  They know what I think or I wouldn't have joined the NRA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top