Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/30/2010 11:48:55 AM EDT
on day 2 now and really fighting the urge.

gonna order me a electronic cig.  

which one?
need lots o vapor.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I use a KR808D-1

(Vapor King)

www.vapor4life.com

ETA: If you buy a USB passthrough that will step you up to 5V and you can get some really good vapor production out of it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want to quit just Quit

If you need a crutch you are not ready to quit

I was a two pack a day smoker and I just Quit cold turkey

That was about 20 years ago
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you want to quit just Quit

If you need a crutch you are not ready to quit

I was a two pack a day smoker and I just Quit cold turkey

That was about 20 years ago

i respect your opinion, but i have to disagree
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Joye eGo
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Cold turkey here.

Over 2 years cigarette free now.

I think the e-cigs are pretty cool, but you need to decide if you want to quit smoking or quit nicotine. There's a difference.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I quit cold turkey.

The e-cigs won't help. If anything, you'll end up getting more nicotine into your system because you can puff and puff away, cartridge after cartridge, without bothering anybody or smelling bad.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I cut down my cigarette smoking incredibly from 15 years ago. I have a smoke maybe five times a year.  Can't quit entirely.  I know the moment I say, "you may never have a cigarette again!" I'll start having crazy cravings for one and will go and buy a pack.  So, I just use my incredible power for procrastination and say, "yeah, you can have a cigarette, but put it off for tomorrow."  Tomorrow hardly ever seems to come.

That said, I've been thinking about taking up e-cigs, just so I can have the nicotine, without the tar, smoke, and smell.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Use the patches and buy a pipe for the physical urge... I got so sick of carrying the pipe around and packing it, I stopped using the pipe after a week. I haven't had a cig in 2wks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm quitting too. I considered the E-cigs, but then I'm not really quitting. I'm saving money over normal cigarettes but I'm still spending money on it. I may still get one for long road trips though.

Can't smoke because I'm asthmatic, if I start smoking again I become dependent on my nebulizer and inhaler.

Can't chew, for what ever reason when I start chewing regularly I start getting dizzy spells when I sit up or lie down.

I used to be able to get buy just buying single sticks. They're lack of availability and cost($0.90 at the cheapest) kept me from smoking too often. but now they're illegal in WA.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I tried everything, the patch, the gum, E-cigs, pills. All that happened was, two days after I quit using...... whatever, I went and got a pack of smokes. The best thing I ever did was go cold turkey, yea it sucks HARD but after a couple weeks you'll be good to go 95% of the time. After a couple months you'll be fine 99.9% of the time. BUT you gotta be ready to do it, it can't just an "on a whim" kind of thing. And nobody is going to make you quit but you. I spent close to 15 years smoking and I'm close to a year and a half off the cigs, one of the best decisions I've ever made. Hang in there, its gonna suck, but its worth it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Joye 510

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#12]
3rd day...
cold turkey
sux.. trying to stay strong.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#13]
5 weeks for me and it's going good after 15 years of smoking

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Joye 510

This one. That's the one my wife uses and hasn't smoked in 39 days now!

Here's the link where she buys from, fast shipping: http://www.cignot.com/

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

3rd day...

cold turkey

sux.. trying to stay strong.

Hey... if you are in your 3rd day, you almost have ALL of the nicotine outta your system! Bud, you are basically through the hardest part!

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Day 28 for me.  If you go E-Cig you aren't breaking the habit of putting something to your mouth and inhaling.  So if your E-Cig is broken, you're just going to reach for a cigarette.  SNUS is the best way to quit.  I can go a whole day at work without snusin, come home, have a cup a tea, pop a Catch Eucalyptus in the lip and just chill on cruise control.  You'll just have to suck it up and quit being a pussy when it comes to conquering the urges liek in the morning or after coffee.  No way around it bro.   Just be good, find a replacement (i compulsively gambled for the first two weeks), learn to hate the cigarette slave you've become and be strong.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#17]
get the 2 mg or 4 mg lozenges  , I quit in 5 days about 2 months ago and used about 40 of the lozenges. worked great! feel much better , you have to want to quit though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Joye 510

+1000. You cannot go wrong with a Joye 510.  Try cignot.com they are GTG.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Whatever you go with, good luck, don't give up.  My Mother died from cancer in 2005, was a smoker.  So please, do it for yourself and your family.

Don't give in! Never surrender!
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I was one of the "Experts" on the ask the experts forum on e-cigarette-forum.com and imported a shitload of parts for DIY folks who didn't have connections, listen to me very carefully on this next bit.

DO NOT FUCKING BUY AN E-CIG THAT LOOKS ANYTHING LIKE A CIGARETTE.

The batteries suck, you get a shitty hit, and they're made to fail inside of a month with a $10 price tag.  The atomizer is what counts, the rest is just a battery.

Buy something that can hold at least a 14500 li-ion, or preferably an 18650.  510 atomizer is great and has lots of room to move if you find it starts lacking.  I'd go with either a chuck (thagbuilt.com), anything from nhaler.com (Drew runs a tight fucking ship, amazing customer service), or a puresmoker model (they look neat).

Start off with the standard 2.5 ohm 510 atomizers, and if those start to leave you unfulfilled step up to a low resistance 1.5ohm atomizer and you'll never look back.

I also refuse to use chinese e-liquid, all of it has this nasty stale beer aftertaste and is the wrong color.  I order all of my liquid from a research lab called blip labs (bliplabs.com).  I buy 75mg/ml nicotine in propylene glycol and sign an electronic waiver  that it is for research or educational purposes and not for human consumption.  Totally pure, and it lets me know exactly what I'm putting in what I vape.  I flavor it with lorann candy flavors (lorannoils.com i believe), and then cut it with USP propylene glycol from a feed store to get it to the desired strength and add a wee bit of USP gylcerin from wal-mart for extra vapor/"hit".

I guarantee you that the people saying E-cigs suck and didn't work at all have only tried the shitty cigarette-lookalike kits and tainted chinese liquid.  Buy a good battery holder, use a 510 atomizer, and make your own juice, and you'll be in heaven.  Watermelon is my favorite flavor, about 20% flavor in the batch, turns out great.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Alcohol is the trigger for me, one drink and I have an overwhelming urge for a smoke. The hardest thing for me is being able to have a few beers without a few cigarettes to go along with it. I only smoke when I drink nowadays which might be one or two occurrences per week, sometimes a couple of weeks at a time with no smokes/drinking if I'm on 24 hour call and can't have any alcohol. But I drink less and less every year, so I smoke less and less as well, maybe a pack a month now whereas I used to smoke a pack a day when I was in my twenties and boozing it up with greater frequency.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Once my replacement cc gets here, I'll be ordering one.  I enjoy the feel when I inhale and such; just want to get away from the added carcinogens and such.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The batteries suck, you get a shitty hit, and they're made to fail inside of a month with a $10 price tag.  The atomizer is what counts, the rest is just a battery.

i've been using a njoy npro for over a year with good results though it cost a little more then $10.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#24]
day 4...
urges... must fight urges..
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Day 6... and no cigs...

yeah boiii...
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Day 6... and no cigs...

yeah boiii...

Keep it going, and god bless!!!!!!!!!!!

Been 5 months for me now, and I don't even want them any more, oh yes I still miss them, but the desire is gone now.
Working out 4 days a week, and running 2 miles 5 days a week.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#27]
congrats keep up the good work

I seem to fail miserably when I attempt to quit and end up just quit quitting
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#28]
6 months after leaving my half pack in the pile.

I still have my e-cig.. but only use it on lunch and after work.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I am going with Kr808d-1's as well

Vapor Kings from Vapor4life.com

I hear the new XL batteries last a good while longer and I intend to order them soon.

I have been buying blank cartomizers and trying out different liquids.

So far the WOWboy is a good vape (also from V4L) Lots of vapor, decent throat hit.

Taboo from liquid express is good as well.

Halo purity is a pretty good 100% U.S. liquid so far.

I am kinda lazy so I really don't want to become a chemist.

Cartomizers and some premixed e-liquid is pretty simple and still saves some $$

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I was one of the "Experts" on the ask the experts forum on e-cigarette-forum.com and imported a shitload of parts for DIY folks who didn't have connections, listen to me very carefully on this next bit.

Buy something that can hold at least a 14500 li-ion, or preferably an 18650.  510 atomizer is great and has lots of room to move if you find it starts lacking.  I'd go with either a chuck (thagbuilt.com), anything from nhaler.com (Drew runs a tight fucking ship, amazing customer service), or a puresmoker model (they look neat).

Start off with the standard 2.5 ohm 510 atomizers, and if those start to leave you unfulfilled step up to a low resistance 1.5ohm atomizer and you'll never look back.

I also refuse to use chinese e-liquid, all of it has this nasty stale beer aftertaste and is the wrong color.  I order all of my liquid from a research lab called blip labs (bliplabs.com).  I buy 75mg/ml nicotine in propylene glycol and sign an electronic waiver  that it is for research or educational purposes and not for human consumption.  Totally pure, and it lets me know exactly what I'm putting in what I vape.  I flavor it with lorann candy flavors (lorannoils.com i believe), and then cut it with USP propylene glycol from a feed store to get it to the desired strength and add a wee bit of USP gylcerin from wal-mart for extra vapor/"hit".

I guarantee you that the people saying E-cigs suck and didn't work at all have only tried the shitty cigarette-lookalike kits and tainted chinese liquid.  Buy a good battery holder, use a 510 atomizer, and make your own juice, and you'll be in heaven.  Watermelon is my favorite flavor, about 20% flavor in the batch, turns out great.

Welcome to Nicotine Junkie's Alley - Where chemical, electrical and stoner engineering intersect...
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I've heard e-cigs have chemicals and are in some ways even worse than normal cigs. I'm not 100% on that, but you should def do your homework about a product you plan to use. You might be interested in a crack pi-I MEAN- vaporizer.

http://americansmokeless.com/index2.htm
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Fuck me.... Drinks involved.
I am holding out, but for how long I don't know. I knew this would be the hardest part.
Help a brotha out.  
Going to play cards.  Smokes everywhere there

give me some words to help me from not smoking one or ten
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Fuck me.... Drinks involved.
I am holding out, but for how long I don't know. I knew this would be the hardest part.
Help a brotha out.  
Going to play cards.  Smokes everywhere there

give me some words to help me from not smoking one or ten

You've made it this far, no reason to stop now.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I chain smoke when they are around, when they are not well not so much.
I realized my trigger is work and when NOT smoking I never can break away and just unfudd my skull
So I smoke at work far less than at home, now I am breaking in a new 901 on a high voltage SilverBuller mod and nearly out of juice.  Thank god for that order I should have it by the weekend.

I snuff the old fashioned way for the nic hit and have a farily giant collection, I enjoy it and with as much as I have given away and mixed and used my only empties are a 10g alpina and now my 6.5 oackards club.
Been enjoying some Bacon and Cheese flavored with my old speckled hen and vaping some Fried spiced apple tonight.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Welps.  Went ahead and ordered the 510 kit.  We'll see how it works.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

i'm gonna be ordering one here in a few days.

just make sure you keep some extra supplies on hand

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i'm gonna be ordering one here in a few days.

just make sure you keep some extra supplies on hand

Ordered extra stuff.  Fluid, atomizer, batter, etc.  96 bucks total.  Figure if I'm going to do it, might as well stock ahead and give it a go.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I wish you luck, fly.  And am thinking that we both will need some.  Or not.  

Let's give this a workout.  70-100 dollars every ten days?  Or, 70-100 dollars every 3-4 months?

Worth the gamble, I think.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#39]
x 1,000,000 on the Joye 510
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Personal experience?  If so, elaborate, bro.  My biggest thing is the hit to the chest.  Not the smoke, not the smell, etc.  If that makes any sense.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Personal experience?  If so, elaborate, bro.  My biggest thing is the hit to the chest.  Not the smoke, not the smell, etc.  If that makes any sense.
Vapor production is awesome, and the manual battery is a must - you'll hate anything with an automatic battery after using the 510.

It also depends on which E-liquid you use... I like the Johnson Creek stuff...

EDIT: Just re-read your post - It does produce a big hit, like I said before - the manual battery is the main player there - most automatics cut out after a 3-5 second drag. With a manual, there is no limit.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Vapor production is awesome, and the manual battery is a must - you'll hate anything with an automatic battery after using the 510.

Thanks.  Earmarked that.  I'll see if the liuid I ordered has the kick.  If not?  I'll try that one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Dude.....just QUIT ALREADY!!!! YOU are stronger than your urges. It's a chemical. Your will is stronger than that....you just have to actually WANT to quit, and you will.

I tried the patch....but couldn't keep it lit.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  Earmarked that.  I'll see if the liuid I ordered has the kick.  If not?  I'll try that one.
http://www.johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/product/J008/juice

This one is my favorite - when you order it you can choose what concentration of nicotine you want. (0-24mg)

So if you gradually want to kick the habit - you can order it in descending amounts.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This one is my favorite - when you order it you can choose what concentration of nicotine you want. (0-24mg)

So if you gradually want to kick the habit - you can order it in descending amounts.

Eventually the nicotine will go to zero.  Ordered 18mg on the nicotine side.  We'll see how it works.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Dude.....just QUIT ALREADY!!!! YOU are stronger than your urges. It's a chemical. Your will is stronger than that....you just have to actually WANT to quit, and you will.

The issue I have is that I don't want to quit.  I like to smoke.  Do I want to change things a bit?  Yes.  We'll see how it works out.  ((shrugs))

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Everytime I have few drinks I want to smoke.

Honestly come over to The Humidor forum of ARFcom and learn about cigars.

Cigarettes are the debil.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The issue I have is that I don't want to quit.  I like to smoke.  Do I want to change things a bit?  Yes.  We'll see how it works out.  ((shrugs))

Best luck with your decision. Just cigs. You don't need them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eventually the nicotine will go to zero.  Ordered 18mg on the nicotine side.  We'll see how it works.  
You ordered the J.C stuff?

I forgot to mention it comes with an eyedropper for easy refilling and direct dripping onto the atomizer.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wish you luck, fly.  And am thinking that we both will need some.  Or not.  

Let's give this a workout.  70-100 dollars every ten days?  Or, 70-100 dollars every 3-4 months?

Worth the gamble, I think.

oh, i've had one for over year.  i meant it's time for a new model.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top