Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2002 2:51:08 AM EDT
Since this is last minute I'll not bother with the other forum.

I'll be at the Jackson County Sports park rifle range Saturday (most of the day) at the far range.  It's near Medford/White City.  Come on down/up/over if you like and say hello.  I believe it's $3 per day.  I'll be the one with the Green Ford Ranger and "pile" of AR type rifles.  

I might even shoot some clay pigeons.  Just look for the green Ranger with the Yakima rack.  Never seen another one there.

I'll be the average looking long haired gent dressed in rags with a Widmer cap and accompanied by a bald goateed jerk.  Otherwise, if you see an AR-10(T) with a Springfield Armory 4-14X56 scope and three ammo cans of ammo, I'll be the guy shooting it.

Really, I'd love to meet any of you out there. Come on and I'll let you shoot at least one of my AR's. Might even buy whoever shows up a beer afterwards!  That is... if I didn't spend all my money on gun food.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:58:50 AM EDT
[#1]
You might also consider the Josephine Country Sports Park - 1/2 hour north of Medford in Grants Pass.

Very nice range.  $5, as I recall.  Scopes, steel targets, you can setup non-glass targets to shoot, such as bottles.  Rapid fire is fine.

Also, right before you get to the park there is a gravel pit on the right.  If it's still open, it's tons of fun shooting there.

Unfortunately, I won't be out there until the end of the month.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 1:23:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks fight4yourrights, I haven't been there although I've heard about it several times.   I'm in Portland and come down to Medford to visit family and hit the range every month or so.

BTT - It's Saturday!!!!!  Woo Hooo!!!!!.... Now I just need to get some sleep so I can shoot well tomorrow... er... today!!!

Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:50:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Either of you guys get out to Coos Bay, look me up, I'll send phone # on request....
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Either of you guys get out to Coos Bay, look me up, I'll send phone # on request....
View Quote

I might take you up on that sometime, provided you know either where to shoot, fish or have a beer!  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 11:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful day at the range.  It was almost empty.  My bro-in-law is a part time gunsmith.  The company he works for full time decided they wanted to make some metal targets so my bro talked them into to letting us test them at various yardages (to 300 - that's all we had).  

Just so you know... an AR-10 with 20 rounds will send 15 into the bank through the same hole of a 1/2 inch thick piece of iron at 100 yards (rapid fire).  It doesn't matter if it's shaped like a chipmunk, squirrel or woodchuck [:D].  At 200 and 300 yards the .308 still takes 3 in the same crater to penetrate.  For the quarter inch stuff, Federal Gold Medal Match 168grn pokes holes all day long at 200 and 300 yards.  What a BLAST!!!

There were two other groups there.  Both were dads bringing their kids out to learn the rules and method.  We let them use some of our rifles.  Between us we had 4 AR's... 2 16", one bull varmit gun and one AR-10(T).  Other then those we had many others including a custom made (my bro's a VERY competant gunsmith) 6 TCU which is the only firearm in the group that shoots less than the .5 MOA of my AR-10.  All of the kids will grow up not only shooting safely and responsibly, but should vote for the cause as well (or at least I'd hope so).  I love catching them young.

I just wanted to rub it in to anyone who lives in the area, read this, and didn't show up.  Then again... if I knew about DVD tracker down south about an hour or so, maybe I'd have made the trip and shot his Garand (with his permission of course).
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:29:33 AM EDT
[#6]
If you live in Portland then do you belong to Tri-County Gun Club?
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:46:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually, I finally came up with the money to join Tri-county Gun Club and I spent in on a reloader instead.  Oh well.

I'm pretty sure by the end of the year I'll be a member.  I could use a 600 yard range within 30 to 45 minutes of my home.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top