Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2002 7:51:16 PM EDT
Well folks it looks like IT MAY be looking up for me. After looking thru various job boards, sending resumes, and contacting recruiters. And after extensive phone interviews, I have 2 face to face job interviews next week. Jobs that will put me back on my career path, doing what I like to do, making the $$$ I am accustomed to making. One is in McClean(sp?), VA and the other is in Seattle, WA. Gonna be a busy week. These interviews are just gonna be day trips. Fly in, chat, fly out. Cross your fingers for me, hopefully I don't blow any of it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck on the interviews.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Seattle, WA.
View Quote

hehe
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
And the great part is that both states have CCW and you get to keep your black rifles!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seattle, WA.
View Quote

hehe
View Quote

Hmmm, that worries me. [>:/]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And the great part is that both states have CCW and you get to keep your black rifles!
View Quote

Exactly, I was hoping for warmer climates but beggars can't be choosers. And I still don't have the job so I can't/shouldn't really get excited.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was hoping for warmer climates
View Quote

hehe, hehe - you think it's small now...... hehe
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was hoping for warmer climates
View Quote

hehe, hehe - you think it's small now...... hehe
View Quote

Are you implying shrinkage due to cold weather. [:(] ain't nothing there to shrink, unless it becomes in inny.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Good luck, LT.

Either place are decent places to live. Having visited both recently I can honestly say... there are worse places. ;-)

Virginia is going to be more climate-wise like Texas. Either you like the rain in Seattle or you hate it. Both places are going to be crowded.

You've already been updated as to the gun climate (more or less).

Let us know how things go.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Well don't worry the rain will make it grow , well it may just rust off too [;)]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#10]
McLean Va.
I went to Highschool there, and will be back in that area in june.
Not a bad place.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#11]
LT, nothing available in Austin or Houston?  Kinda sucks man, I don't like seeing Texas lose good people.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
LT, nothing available in Austin or Houston?  Kinda sucks man, I don't like seeing Texas lose good people.
View Quote

Nothing really for what I want to do. There are only about 5 firms in TX that does any type of proprietary bond trading that I know of. They're not hiring at the moment. Well one is, here in dntwn Dallas, but I would have to take another pay cut. I just can't afford that right now. Nothing is set in stone yet, I still have 2 recruiters trying to get me a position somewhere in TX.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cross your fingers for me, hopefully I don't blow any of it.
View Quote

Are you sure??  That might just make your chances a lot better. [;)]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#14]
To prepare for washington, pack it in ice every night before bed.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 11:14:55 PM EDT
[#15]
See if you can get a day or two to hang around Seattle.  Tell them you need some time to decide whether you like the place.  There are lots of things to see and do up here, and you deserve a vacation!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:20:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
See if you can get a day or two to hang around Seattle.  Tell them you need some time to decide whether you like the place.  There are lots of things to see and do up here, and you deserve a vacation!
View Quote

IF I get the job, I will work in a free weekend trip to find a place to live. I've been to Seattle. I was part of the transition team when Washington Mutual merged with Amer. Svgs. and Great Western. So I made a few trip to Seattle and Spokane. I like the place. Sort of a S.F. flair to it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I grew up in McLean!!  My parents still live up there so I visit as much as I can (it's two hours from Richmond).  Anyway, it's a nice place, but a few things to consider:

DC Metro are traffic is HORRIBLE.
McLean is very expensive, and Northern VA is pretty expensive in general.  However, VA is a great place to live, and you'll always have an open invite to my abode in Richmond!!

Oh, Fairfax County is kind of anti-gun compared to the rest of the Commonwealth, but we just passed some state preemption laws preventing Fairfax and other counties/cities from superceding state gun laws.

Anyway, I have to run for now, but if you have any questions let me know.  I lived in McLean for 20 years and have been gone for about 8 years.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:52:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Good luck. I lived in Washington state for 7 years while stationed there in the military. Its quite beautiful there. And I agree that its a great state as it has CCW and has no bans on our AR15's. I haven't been to VA so I can't say anything. Again, good luck.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:55:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Yikes, here comes LT.  [:D]  

Btw, Traffic extremely SUCKS in the Tysons Corner area.

Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:01:37 AM EDT
[#20]
LT!!!!

Listen to me!!!!

Give up bond trading,  

go into the energy business.

TRUST ME

go to

[url]powermarketers.com[/url]

and look at the job listings.  Start out  as a scheduler or real-time trader,  it should start at about $40k/year.  Within 2 yrs you should be making 80 or so.  You're trading background will help.  The goal is to get to be a powertrader.  Do it.  Dont give up,  you'll miss Texas WAY too much.

WL
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Good luck in your search.

I've been up here in Washington for five years now.  It is not too bad.  Seattle is downtown Commie Land but the rest of the state is OK.  Lots of good places to go shooting.  The East side of the state is as conservative and gun friendly as anyplace in the US.  Too bad most the voters live on the left side.

You can buy and sell guns at a gun show without paper here but the moron Demoncrat controled state government is trying to change that.

Traffic is terrible in Seattle but that goes without saying for any big city.  Taxes also suck but at least there is not a state income tax.  Housing is high in Seattle but may not be as high as metroplex DC.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for all the info guys. Just got done talking to the folks in Seattle and firmed up travel plans and interview times.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Good luck and go get'em.

ARH
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Good luck!  I just finished an extended interview trip in Northern NV.

Pray for the dead and the dead will pray for you.

SRM
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top