Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2010 7:33:36 PM EDT
South Effricans of course,

The South African Police Service Special Task Force (SAPS STF) is the special operations element of the South African Police Service (SAPS).The STF is considered to be among the best of such units in the world[citation needed]. The STF has a formidable reputation in counter terrorism and insurgency and hostage rescue. Unlike most civilian/police counter terrorist units around the world, the special task force is also trained to conduct military special operations and has done so on many occasions, operating with their military counter parts, especially during the long 30 year border war. Indeed they are internationally regarded as deadly exponents in the art of bush warfare. A fact worth mentioning is that during the 70's and 80's, during the border war, many British SAS volunteered for selection, most passed and consequently served in the South African Special forces.

Check out their hell week,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4yHFw1GM1A&feature=related

Reminds me of BUD's without all the swimming.

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Dupe.

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Dupe or not, I'm suitably impressed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#3]
And still their country fell to shit.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]
40km = nothing.....then I saw the I-Beams they were carrying lol...suckfest.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I did once fall asleep standing up during some training I had to undergo in the service.

This video brought back that memory.

Prior to that I never thought it was possible to fall asleep standing up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
40km = nothing.....then I saw the I-Beams they were carrying lol...suckfest.

40 klicks out, Darby Queen from Hell, 40 klicks back.  With that flippin' rail road track.

SUCKFEST!@#!#
200 klicks, 4 days, no sleep no food.
Respect.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Just so you know, the hardest LEO's in the world are from Tazwell, TN.

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Shit they might as well joined the mil ,most likely easier over there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I laughed when two of the trainees are trying to cross the rope together and the instructor yells, "Quit fucking each other and get down."
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Played Rugby with some of those guys...

Tough as nails.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
will need to download these clips for later viewing

In the clip before this one (5/6) they pull out an AK that had been buried in a dirt cache for 18 years, oil it up and fire it. That fucker was rusty to say the least.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I did once fall asleep standing up during some training I had to undergo in the service.

I feel asleep while marching once. I woke up when my squad leader grabbed my shoulder and asked where the fuck I was going. I was well off the road headed into the woods. Of all the things I missed in school, it would be sleep.

That course looks like an ass kicker.

Link Posted: 8/29/2010 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Bump for the dayshift.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 7:00:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Happened to me in the academy last year, we were in the last weekend of firearms training (which took place in a classroom) and I had gotten two hours of sleep the night before, been there at 6:45am and it was now 3pm. My knees buckled and I nearly fell flat on my face.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And still their country fell to shit.

Not sure if serious––-^

ETA, their countries politics has nothing to do with their fitness, abilities or professionalism.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I think I saw some MP5 chicken wing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#18]
that was bad ass. we'll never do that in the us
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
that was bad ass. we'll never do that in the us

Um, what do you think SFAS is?
or SFOD-D Selection?
Ruck fests.
These guys just roll a little different, same concept.
I don't know about BUDS, but I think BUDS is about cold, wet and smoked, not so much on the walking.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#20]
This documentary I think was made from 1999-2000.  I've heard that sometime since then the ANC government politicized the unit and purged most of its white, Asian, and even coloured members and that the unit is no longer anywhere near as badass as it was when this was filmed.  Quality apparently has taken a nosedive.  Not sure how true that is but that is what I have heard.  It wouldn't surprise me since that was done earlier in many police agencies.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I remember the National Geographic Explorer special on those dudes.  Not only are they tough, I really admired their dedication.

John
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think those were Tazewell, VA cops if you are citing the same pic I think you are.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think those were Tazewell, VA cops if you are citing the same pic I think you are.

whichever, you're thinking like I'm thinking

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#24]
If our local guys went through that I would have to give them props for being some hard ass mother fuckers.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top