Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2002 6:25:26 PM EDT
I am a fan of the Born Again Seattle Mariners - Having a contending pro sports team in Washington is something of a novelty.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, sorry. I thought you meant Miller Lite-bottles.

My bad.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#2]
You betcha !!  Been a Dodgers and A's fan since childhood with Angels and Cubs as back up. A few years back, the D-Backs showed up and they are great to watch too !!   although, their team colors are too "nancy" for me [:D]

BTW, It's still just something to do untill football  starts up again !!  [size=4]DA-BEARS !![/size=4]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I have loved the game of Baseball all of my life. Maybe I've just turned cynical but I can't get past the business of the game on the professional level. I wrote off MLB after they decided to pay Alex Rodriguez $250,000,000.00. I have to pay $4.00 for a f*cking hot dog so this POS can live in the lap of luxury? Now most markets won't put their games on "free T.V.". Piss on MLB and professional sports in general.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#4]
A tiny bit of a fan
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I follow Boston because I love pain.

As far as the salaries, they are ridiculous!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Really it just gives me something to watch on tv until football season starts.  I root for the Brewers even though they haven't had a winning season since 1980.

Go Packers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I played the game from little league up to college. Absolutely love it. Nothing like sucking up a hard grounder and flippin it to the ss for a picture perfect double play.(Woot!!)

Oh and yeah, I love watching those overpaid primadonnas get paid to play a game I now PAY to play.!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the game, Can't help it. Who caught the Rangers game today?? I loved them when they sucked, loved them when they had no pitching, (pitching is still questionable), but the fact remains I LOVE BASEBALL!!! Anybody got a fantasy team???
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Long time Yankee's fan like my dad, until Colorado started up with the Rockies.. now my newly adopted "favorite" [:)]  (a lot easier to attend games when they're about 30min away.  I did see a Yankee game last year at Yankee Stadium.  Oh, I also went to Wrigley Field for the first time last year also.. the older parks are great to walk around in with all that history.

forgot to add that I played from t-ball on up, still would rather see (actually play) baseball than football anytime.

I hate Pro Sports because they are nothing but overpaid crybabies
View Quote

take out "Pro Sports" and replace it with "the NBA" and you have yourself a 100% genuine accurate statement.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#10]
YANKEES BABY!!!.......Nuff said[:)]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#11]
[red]Saint Louis Cardinals!!!![/red]  I'm such a fan I bleed red.[:D]  

[red]GO REDBIRDS![/red]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:50:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Really it just gives me something to watch on tv until football season starts.  I root for the Brewers even though they haven't had a winning season since 1980.

Go Packers.
View Quote

ditto
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I feel the same...MLB is just something to occupy me while I wait for the Steelers to play again.  

But OTOH, the Pirates are #1 in their division.  GO PIRATES!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I am a gun-owning Yankee fan in Massachusetts. So far there is one of us.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Spending an afternoon at the ballpark is still one of my favorite things to do.

I will be going on Sunday to see the Rockies & Diamondbacks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:55:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
But OTOH, the Pirates are #1 in their division.  GO PIRATES!
View Quote

What division are they in? [:D]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Mariners, all the way.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I remember growing up watching Dale Murphy and da Braves struggling year after year, knowing that "next year we'll get 'em". Then we finally started having good seasons, and Dale was 450# and playing in Japan or something. I still miss him...

Scott

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top