Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2002 3:12:40 PM EDT
Hi, I was wondering if any of the LEOs or military types on the board have seen or fired this rifle in person, it looks really, really nice. I am very intrested in the forward ejection system, does anyone know how that works? I know it will never see the light of day for us mere mortals (read civilians) but this thing has really whet my couriosity!

Hey maybe we'll get lucky and they wil realease it after 04' ,ade at the FN plant here. (I know, I know, but plz just leave me to my unfounded and unrealistic optimism [;)])
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I was just thinking that someone should do a head to head test of the new generation rifles.

HK G-36 vs Kinetics SAR-21 vs IMI Tavor vs FN F-2000.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Pick up the May SOF mag. They have a review of it on there. They claim that they're eventually going to get two of the guns for rigourous testing.

Oh, and SOF said that all reviews are being kept confidential right now since Spec Ops is reviewing it (according to SOF), and probably FN needs patents or something would be my guess.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was just thinking that someone should do a head to head test of the new generation rifles.

HK G-36 vs Kinetics SAR-21 vs IMI Tavor vs FN F-2000.
View Quote

My money would be on the HK G36. I don't think the ejection system on the F-2000 is all that it is cracked up to be. What if you get a brick of mud in there? The G36 uses a proven operating system derived from the AR-18 and AK-47. It lacks any bells or whistles. Probably the only thing that would cause it to fail under any torture testing would be its optics.

I really wish HK would put some high quality iron sights on that gun...but what do I care, I can't even get one! [>(]

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#5]
can we get a pic?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's an artical on it [url]http://www.ets-news.com/herstal.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#7]
 Go out and pick up the May Issue of Small Arms Review. There's like a 10 page article on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top