Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2002 2:16:39 PM EDT
Does anyone here know when and if they are going to release Platoon Leader, Siege Of Firebase Gloria or the tv series Tour Of Duty on DVD?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I want 'The Wild Geese' on DVD [:(]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#2]
What about Full Metal Jacket in Dobly Digital?????
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Get the Limited Collectors Editon of "Full Metal Jacket" it has Dolby Digital 5.1.

I'd also like to see "The Boys in Company C"

[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005LC3Y.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

What about Full Metal Jacket in Letterbox ?????

And I'm still waiting for "Farwell To The King" on DVD.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
AZCOP, you'll probably never see FMJ in letterbox.  Kubrick didnt shoot the movie in that aspect ratio.  I wondered the same thing for so long and was very upset when I bought the first Kubrick Collection and that DVD was not widescreen.  I know it seems weird, but it's the truth.

I'm waiting to get my paws on HBO's Band Of Brothers on DVD.

--ZERO
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Are there any cool deleted scenes on the FMJ DVD?

"Gladly trade ya some ARVN rifles, never been fired and only dropped once." LOL.

Classic.

Don't Tread...
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm waiting for "The Final Countdown".  Man that dogfight scene between the F-14 Tomcat and the A6M Zero was CLASSIC!!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Gladly trade ya some ARVN rifles, never been fired and only dropped once." LOL.
View Quote

I think u mean NVA rifles.
View Quote

No, he means "ARVN rifles". The quote is correct word for word. The scene is a POS ARVN soldier pimping a girl during a break in the fighting at Hue.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I want StarWars IV,V and VI

............[b] NOW, DAMNIT!!!!!![/b]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Agreed about Star Wars, dammit!

They really need to get off their asses and re-release "The Man Who Would Be King". The copy I have is so old you have to flip the damn DVD in the middle of the film, just like an old LaserDisc.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm waiting for "The Final Countdown".  Man that dogfight scene between the F-14 Tomcat and the A6M Zero was CLASSIC!!!!
View Quote
"That woke 'em up", "Let's give 'em another pass", and "why the hell are we playing with these guys?".  I agree.  The only bad part is Martin 'asshole' Sheen is in it.  But I would like it come out on DVD.

I have "Tora, Tora, Tora" (about 10 million times better than "Pearl Harbor") and "Midway" on DVD.  Great flicks and surprised to find them on DVD.

I would like to see "Them" on DVD and can't wait for "Blackhawk Down" and "We Were Soldiers" to come out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:13:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Get the Limited Collectors Editon of "Full Metal Jacket" it has Dolby Digital 5.1.
View Quote

Thanks for the info as I was unaware this is available.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I wish they would release the star wars,raiders series, and The man who would be king on dvd also.  I have all on letterbox laserdisc but really want that dolby digital
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

"What are we doing, they are shooting at us."
"Permission to splash the Zeros...."
"Permission granted.  Splash the Zeros."  "ROGER!"
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What about Full Metal Jacket in Letterbox ?????
View Quote

I read that Kubrick preferred his films in 4x3.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Flight of the Intruder would be absolutly KILLER in 5.1.

LARRYG, how's the sound/picture on the TTT DVD?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Heartbreak Ridge. Can't find that anywhere on DVD.

"It's not my fault Gunny, the f*@#ing weapon is f*#@ing f*@#ed up!"
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#18]
What about "Simpsons" the full seasons #2-13.  Season #1 has been out for a while now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Flight of the Intruder would be absolutly KILLER in 5.1.

LARRYG, how's the sound/picture on the TTT DVD?
View Quote
It's Digitally Mastered THX and Dolby.  Video is letterbox.  Sound and video quality are great.  Midway is also letterbox, but not in Dolby nor is it Digitally Mastered, but video and sound are still awesome, especially if you have a home theater reciever to put it through.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I only have four DVDs so far... (Three in my possession, cause a former co-worker borried "Tomb Raider" a while back.

I have

The Outlaw Josey Wales
Starship Troopers (Have to flip it to get the extras)
and (forgive me)
Battlefield Earth

I want to get some of the great war flicks you never see any more, like Firebase Gloria, Company C, and Rumor of War....

Scott

Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I think there is a version of FMJ in letterbox. They did it by trimming the top and bottom though. I think it is in one of the Kubrick 7 packs (the one with "Eyes Wide Shut", IIRC). I have a 16:9 HDTV, but I absolutely demand that the film is shown as the director wanted it.

I want "Near Dark", "Band of Brothers", and and economical "Farscape" on DVD. LAter.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
AZCOP, you'll probably never see FMJ in letterbox.  Kubrick didnt shoot the movie in that aspect ratio.  I wondered the same thing for so long and was very upset when I bought the first Kubrick Collection and that DVD was not widescreen.  I know it seems weird, but it's the truth.
View Quote

Wasn't FMJ screened in theaters? Then it should be in 16:9 or widescreen format. Right?  

I'm waiting to get my paws on HBO's Band Of Brothers on DVD.

--ZERO
View Quote

Oh and Band of Brothers on DVD? Got it. Or close.  I have it on VCD.  It's great.

crashburnrepeat
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Add some more to the list:

Murder by Decree
Heaven & Earth (Japanese)
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Add some more to the list:

Murder by Decree
Heaven & Earth (Japanese)
View Quote

Heaven and Earth is one of most epic and beautiful war movies I have ever seen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top