Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2002 11:11:20 AM EDT
He's the guy that shot 7 co-workers last year in Mass.

He's being questioned about his gun and ammo purchases. Turns out he bought his SKS, Weatherby and shotgun in reaction to Mass Gun Control Laws. He's already mentioned he purchased the SKS manual fm Cheaper Than Dirt,
ammo from Kittery Trading Post in Maine.

I haven't figured out the reason for the line of questioning yet. They're asking him if he knew how to load the magazine, where the safety was, why he purchased Slug and 000 buck shot, if he had rifle training in the Navy.

If I wasn't so paranoid, I'd say O'Rielly, (District Attorney - rabidly anti-gun) is pursuing some other agenda, beside trying to convict this guy. I can see a whole slew of new laws coming out of this trial!

Never mind trying to tune in now...court just adjourned. I'll have to watch it tomorrow.

Neil
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm guessing that the line of questioning goes directly to his insanity defense. If he knew where to get his equipment, the most damaging ordinance, how to load and fire, etc., then the DA can show premeditation, and create doubt about insanity.

As for O'Reilly's political asperations, a DA in MA looking to get into politics? Who'd have ever thought it [;)].
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm guessing that the line of questioning goes directly to his insanity defense. If he knew where to get his equipment, the most damaging ordinance, how to load and fire, etc., then the DA can show premeditation, and create doubt about insanity.
View Quote

I wish I had seen the whole thing. I only caught a few minutes of the end. I would agree with you, but there were a number of questions about his Navy career (accused by crewmates of being a malingerer sp?) and other such things, problems he had at other jobs, etc. There was also some mention of 'mental' problems from years ago that would tend to support the 'insane' issue, and that it has been going on for years.

As for O'Reilly's political asperations, a DA in MA looking to get into politics? Who'd have ever thought it [;)].
View Quote

That's why I tend to see some other agenda behind his questioning. Not to mention the fact that O'Rielly, and most DA's in Mass don't normally try cases. Its usually assigned to Assistant DA's, except of late. The more public the trial, the more apt you are to see the DA's get involved. This is especially true in Middlesex, Suffolk, Norfolk and Plymouth Counties. 5 years ago, you never heard from these people. Now, if the trial is on TV, they are in the limelight.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#3]
He stated that he was "born without a soul".

He took a combination of percocet/darvocet/Absolut.

500 rds of Wolf ammo in his cubicle on a shelf.

Dungeons and Dragons player.

Had an AK47/Weatherby "elephant gun"/shotgun.

Saw a portal, a "doorway in reality".

Passed through the portal into a Berlin bunker full of men wearing swastikas.

He shot the men and women with the armbands with the swastikas.

"I could hear Hitler's thoughts at the other end of the bunker"

"I could feel Hitler's thoughts emanating from the room."

"Mission complete".

"I knew I had a soul".

"I died at a police station in Berlin".

"I am now in Purgatory".

"Nothing here is real. Everything here is a construct".

"You're an Archangel" (the lawyer).

Sounds like an insanity defense to me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top