Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2002 9:12:06 AM EDT
[url]http://www.naturesplatform.com/all_products.html[/url]

I imagine the dismount would be difficult [rolleyes]

I've many times thought this when I was doing my duties in the woods...

I also wondered how many people got rid of the Poison Ivy on their Backside hundreds of years ago...  [moon]

Edited to add-  

Scroll down and you'll get the picture...
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#1]
How could we live without it?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Will it work with roller-blades?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Crap like an Arab!

[img]http://www.naturesplatform.com/images/NP_11_2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/dung.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Crap like an Arab!

View Quote

Wouldn't that involve your hand instead of tiolet paper?  Brings a new meaning to "dirty fingernails!"
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Pretty amazing, the crap people will try to sell, huh?

In my entire life I have only taken a single dump outdoors.

It taught me WHY there's water in the toilet.
It's not to make it easier to flush, it's because they don't stink much when they're under water!

That outdoor dump was ALARMINGLY smelly.  I don't desire to repeat the experience!

"STOOL-PEED"????  Man, you get extra credit for that one! [beer]

Regarding sexual positions...the best ones require a third person to act as a spotter.  You do know that, right?   [:D]

CJ

Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#14]
How 'bout - UNCLE BOOGER'S BUMPER DUMPER®

[url]http://www.bumperdumper.com[/url]

[img]http://www.bumperdumper.com/art/turkey1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Here's the line that got me:

"Has been endorsed by Yoga teachers"

If you NEED this product for your yoga meditations, you've been at it for too long!                                           [whacko]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I argree with EdAvilaSr...the spash would be tremendous in some cases.  It should have a built-in blow-dryer.

EDITED to add "is anyone else getting sick of this new-age bullsh*t?"
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh hell, we've been squating over the garbage disposal in the kitchen sink for years...  Ummmm, errrr, what kind of freak thinks of these things..?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I vote for the Bumper Dumper!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#19]
An old Samsonite folding chair with a hole cut in the seat and a toilet seat bolted to it was always in my humvee when we went to the field. After 3 or 4 days of being stopped up due to MREs and/or T-rats, I defy [b]anyone[/b] to squat through an entire dump without having their feet fall asleep before they're done, and possibly stepping in it when you get up. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
An old Samsonite folding chair with a hole cut in the seat and a toilet seat bolted to it was always in my humvee when we went to the field. After 3 or 4 days of being stopped up due to MREs and/or T-rats, I defy [b]anyone[/b] to squat through an entire dump without having their feet fall asleep before they're done, and possibly stepping in it when you get up. [:D]
View Quote

ROFLMAO!
Here in Michigan We(I) have the same trouble when visiting "Up North". You see Us city folk are used to Our water not needing to be chewed. [:)]After about 3-4 days,...Well It ain't Pretty when an Immovable Mass meets a Irresistible force. I tell the Wife "You'd best take the Girls and go for a nice L-O-N-G walk. Oh!, and don't worry if You hear strange noises coming from the rear of the cabin!"

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#22]
That is one strange, strange john..............
[red][b][size=6]FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!![/size=6][/b][/red]
[img]http://aol.eonline.com/News/Photos/t/triumph.dog.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Call me "old fashioned", but I don't need no new-fangled potty seat. The good 'ol sit-n'-sh*t works just fine, thank you.

coyote3
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I remember my Grandpa telling me about what my Great Grandpa said when he first heard of indoor toilets. "You mean folks are gonna sh!t in the house!" Now look at us. We think nothing about it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow, read the health benefits section.  The story in the creation if the sit-down toilet is pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I can't stop laughing.

Ben
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#27]
After seeing this and it's obvious 300lb limitation, I started to think again.

So how do those big fat people poop?  You know who I'm talking about, those 500-1000 pounders.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#28]
This might work for the heffers...
[img]http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v3/5/35/20/35453520WasxEC_th.jpg[/img]
[peep]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#29]
in some countries they have flush toilets mounted flush with the floor.

the squating position is sorta like tilting the head back for mouth to mouth...it lines up things a little better

if your squating..less wiping cuz your poop aint going through two cheeks that are somewhat together...the squat spreads your cheeks!

the squat also gives like way less of a chance of that "lingering feeling" that you can get with the sit down toilets we're all used too.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

the squating position is sorta like tilting the head back for mouth to mouth...it lines up things a little better

if your squating..less wiping cuz your poop aint going through two cheeks that are somewhat together...the squat spreads your cheeks!

the squat also gives like way less of a chance of that "lingering feeling" that you can get with the sit down toilets we're all used too.
View Quote

Well thank you Dr. McCoy
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Why?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:05:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Now if that guy could make it a combo crapper,camo climbing tree stand with a rifle rest,cooler attachment and propane grill. I just might be interested.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:23:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Two things:

1) This isn't a NEW toilet, its an OLD FASHIONED, well PRIMATIVE toilet. Like they had before outhouses or much of anything else.

2) I kinda REALLY hate to admit it but he is correct in his statements. I read something about it elsewhere and kinda blew it off. There were some M.D.'s who agreed. [?]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:17:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Two things:

1) This isn't a NEW toilet, its an OLD FASHIONED, well PRIMATIVE toilet. Like they had before outhouses or much of anything else.

2) I kinda REALLY hate to admit it but he is correct in his statements. I read something about it elsewhere and kinda blew it off. There were some M.D.'s who agreed. [?]
View Quote

All I know is that about 9 months ago I went to visit a woman I met on the internet,(she lives about 2 hours away in the VERY RURAL Florida Panhandle).  We at dinner and I left her house around 10PM to drive home.  Well there I am in the middle of nowhere and I got the URGE!!!

My bowels started churning, I got cramps, and gas pains, my body said NOW! I tried to fight it for several minutes or so, but I was 10 miles from Interstate 10 and the nearest restroom.  So what happened?

I pulled off on some remote dirt road in sight of the highway, dropped trowel and let fly.  Now, I'm a big guy, and I haven't crapped outside of a toilet since Boy Scouts 14 years ago.  I knew it was gonna be wet and messy, so I took off my shorts completly.  So there I am butt naked below the waste.  And when it came, it came with a vengance!!  I was holding on to the tailgate of my truck when that supercharged dump hit the dirt with a THWAAAP! And none got on my boots either.... [puke]

I wiped with an old rag that was in my truck bed, and I was on my way.....man that was the most pleasurable excavation of my bowels I ever experienced.....! It was almost as good as sex.  I was spent.

So, yeah.  I agree that that position, helps to facilitate a bowel movement..
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:23:05 AM EDT
[#35]
I hate to say it... and there's no way I'm going to explain it... but those in favor of the "squatting" poop position have valid points.  

Everything just moves easier.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:36:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
.....man that was the most pleasurable excavation of my bowels I ever experienced.....! It was almost as good as sex.  I was spent.
View Quote

LMFAO!!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:15:29 AM EDT
[#37]
What have we become??

DrMark
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:20:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Now if that guy could make it a combo crapper,camo climbing tree stand with a rifle rest,cooler attachment and propane grill. I just might be interested.[rolleyes]
View Quote

He needs to make a book/magazine holder for it as well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Being a life long outdoorsman involved in things such as fishing, water-fowling [brrrrr...that wind gets cold on them cheeks] and various other activities I wholeheartedly recommend the squatting position.............it just feels good.

But, did you know that there is a nationwide movement advocating that women learn to pee standing up?

I thought not!

[img]www.restrooms.org/two.jpg[/img]

Can't wait till I see this at the local pub!!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
But, did you know that there is a nationwide movement advocating that women learn to pee standing up?

I thought not!

View Quote

I've heard of this.  They actually make a device the women inserts that lets her pee standing up.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This might work for the heffers...
[img]http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v3/5/35/20/35453520WasxEC_th.jpg[/img]
[peep]
View Quote

[img]http://home.attbi.com/~hivac-1/palletjack.jpg[/img]

Hehe. Thats funny.

-T.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#42]
For those of you who have girfriends and want to "edumakat" them go to [url]www.restrooms.org/standing.html[/url]

I have sent this info to several women that I know. Always get "Ewwww, no way, your sick." But it never fails, a month or two later I get "Thanks, that really helped out". Go figure.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#43]
If this were falfiles someone would be suggesting a "group buy" on these things.  Hey, they're based in NC!

Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#44]
I spent 6 months in the woods hiking from Georgia to Maine and quickly learned to appreciate the squat position.  You go fast, it's over and done with, quick clean up and thanks to being in the open air (then) the smell was carried away quick.  

It was a major improvement over the outhouses at the shelters along the way.  They were filthy, they reeked, they were infested with mice, snakes, spiders and flies and sometimes it took a couple hours of walking to get things moving.

No, the position does work better, but the squat platform is just plain foolish.  Sometimes you don't want it to take less time, after all, where are you gonna get the privacy to think or read without the excuse of having to take a crap?  The bathroom is the only place where the wife and kids can't bother me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#45]
[img]www.naturesplatform.com/images/blueridge1.jpg[/img]

The Blue Ridge Mountains

of North Carolina --

The Home of Nature's Platform.

Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#46]
[url]http://www.toiletmuseum.com/outdoors.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#47]
my anthropology teacher last semester told us that squatting like in the pic at the bottom is the best way to go. helps the body and muscles force out the crap

I stopped listening to most of what he said when he and the TA's started sending anti-America emails to us through the class email list when we started bombing Afghanistan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top