Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2002 6:36:25 AM EDT
It's open season for debate over concealed carry

Published April 11, 2002

Should law-abiding citizens be allowed to carry concealed firearms in Illinois, as they are in most other states? The question is again before lawmakers in Springfield, and it gets to the heart of the gun-control debate.

Those in favor say a concealed-carry law will make ours a safer society. Opponents, who block it every year, say it will make life more dangerous.

To probe these positions, I've invited gun-rights advocate John Birch, president of Oak Brook-based Concealed Carry Inc., and Thomas Mannard, executive director of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence, into the Rhubarb Patch. The Rhubarb Patch is this column's occasional feature in which a debate begins in the newspaper and continues on the Internet.

More at linked URL:

[url]http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-0204110207apr11.column?coll=ch i%2Dnews%2Dcol[/url]

And continued at:
[url]http://ericzorn.com/rhubarb/concealedcarry/[/url]

Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:29:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Figures, those hoplophobes think that if they regulate law abiding citizen's ownership of firearms, that SOMEHOW it will do something to stave off the criminals.  

It's so fuvking annoying that they can't see the error of their logic.  To you and I here, it's just common sense.  

I wish we could just export those a$$holes to California, and force it's secession from the union.  Let them do what they want in their own little dream world...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top