Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2002 4:36:40 AM EDT
Details....?

[0:)]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:39:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I downloaded a free copy of Photoshop 7 yesterday, interested? Free, because it's still in beta.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:54:21 AM EDT
[#2]
you got mail
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:57:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Try a college bookstore. I bought a full copy there for about $150. Full version of 7.0, not the stripped version.

Av.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:06:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Downloading beta and pirated software generally does [u]not[/u] include any help files, and obviously you will never receive any manuals...  Therefore, you will never be able to realize the full potential of the software.

Besides, what's the difference between stolen software and stolen firearms..?  NONE!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:08:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Check e-bay.  Sometimes you find educational software that is heavily discounted.  Most college bookstores require a college ID.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:13:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Most people do not know how to use all of the features anyway, so you might as well buy a cheap scanner that comes with Photoshop LE.

Or you can locate a vendor that provides a student version. Then show them your "student ID"...
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:17:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Go buy a copy - the least expensive copy you can find.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#8]
... You think [b]Adobe Photoshop[/b] is nifty, try [b]Adobe Illustrator[/b].  I'm taking a course in this software now in college and the program kicks arse!

It really augments Photoshop.

[b]Energizer[/b] is right about casual users and all the features never understood or used right.

There are a lot of accomplished [b]Adobe Photoshop[/b] users on this site and I even considered myself one until I saw what a trained user can do. It's awesome!

Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:32:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I use Photoshop at work and have PaintShop Pro at home.  I actually prefer PSP for most things and it's a whole lot cheaper.  I think they have a functional demo available for download.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I use Photoshop at work and have PaintShop Pro at home.  I actually prefer PSP for most things and it's a whole lot cheaper.  I think they have a functional demo available for download.
View Quote

Concur. I use Paint Shop Pro myself and find it does everything I want it to do. you can download it at [url]www.jasc.com[/url]. The full version is sonething like $170 or so.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:07:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Here's a link to another option, it's FREE or $1.00 if you want gif file support.
http://www.serif.com/photoplus5/
I've downloaded and used this free editing program it's very capable - has more features than I know how to use.
Terry
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here's a link to another option, it's FREE or $1.00 if you want gif file support.
[url]www.serif.com/photoplus5/[/url]
I've downloaded and used this free editing program it's very capable - has more features than I know how to use.
Terry
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Cannon scanners come with a paint program similar to Photoshop (uses layers). Its easy to use too, but not as powerful.

Paintshop Pro has its limitations and flaws.

If you don't know how to use the full features of Photoshop, then get the LE version. If the LE version is missing something, you can always find a workaround or get or make your own plug-in. And if you do not need all of the latest features, like layer grouping, editable text, etc., you could probably be happy with v3, 4, 5, or 5.5...

If you are wanting a line-art type program without having to have plug-ins, where you can draw circles, cool text, lines, curves, etc., Get Illustrator, iGrafx (if it still exists), Macromedia Freehand, etc.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#14]
adobe software and inexpensive are 2 things that never go together
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top