Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 9:41:59 PM EDT
Just a minute or two ago, I was enjoying a 1oz package of Planters salted cashews.  As I threw a handful into my mouth and proceeded to chew them up I heard a loud CRACK.  I thought that I had broken a tooth or something so I spit the saliva soaked contents into my hand.  What I saw wasn't a cracked tooth--much to my relief, but two pieces of glass.  Glass, in with my cashews!  I put everything back into the half eaten pouch and thought I should get alittle advice from a knowledgable bunch of people on what I should do.  Should I sue? Complain? Demand free nuts for life?  What?  Any of you lawyers want to take on Nabisco?  
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a new [s]set[/s] pack of nuts.[;D]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I know there is a great joke here, it just escapes me right now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Here comes some serious lawyer BS for a moment, then I wanna see some good jokes.

No damages.  You need to break something, or at least freak out because you almost ate glass and seek a psych.  No damages means no recovery.

Proof problems:  Planters is just gonna say you are a scam artist who is just trying to rip off poor Mr. Peanut.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Were they kosher?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
[red][size=4]OUCH![/size=4][/red][shock]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Just matter of factly put the glass back and send it off to the parent company with a note. You are not damaged so nothing due to you more than a sorry and a bag of quality Pnuts.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, forget suing them.  Here's what you do.

Send Planters a letter.  Start off by telling them how much you love their products; how you eat their cashews regularly; how you have tried other brands but always come back to Planters; how often you eat their nuts, etc.  

Then, in the letter, exclaim how surprised you were to find GLASS! in you bag of cashews.  You've never had a problem with the hundreds of bags you've eaten before.  You think this must be a fluke but you'd hate to have to switch to another brand blah blah anything else you can think of.  

With this tactic you're likely to get at least a gift certificate/coupon for a substantial quantity of nuts (along with a release/waiver form to sign and return absolving Planters of any liability from the glass episode)

Try it, it may just work.  Let us know what happens.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2002 3:47:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 3:57:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I found some glass in hamburger meat purchased at a super WalMart. When I bit into the hamburger something crunched and scratched my lip. I returned the unused and half eaten meat for a double refund. I wasn't injured much and I got back double my money with out asking for it. Their insurance company contacted me all worried and concerned about my intentions. I told them nobody got hurt and that I understand that accidents happen. No big deal. Man, some people want to sue over anything! Mistakes happen.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:16:19 AM EDT
[#12]
sue em for billions-no, trillions of dollars because you almost got slightly injured-I mean, think of what COULD have happened!!!!

we wouldnt need lawyers if we didnt have lawyers...
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:53:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Do it for the children.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top