Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2002 7:41:54 PM EDT
The images you will see when you click on this link are graphic and unsettling.

They show a man who got shot in the back of the head with an arrow...a FOUR BLADE BROADHEAD!!

Fortunately for this man, he had a verifiably thick and tough skull, and that stopped the arrow before it could completely penetrate.  

Click on this link if you dare.

(I did not post the pics here directly because it's a bit much for the forum.  I don't want to get booted.)

[url]http://poetry.rotten.com/bowhunter/[/url]

Be careful out there, guys!

CJ
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#1]
That's going to leave a mark
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope he kicked the other guys ass after he got well.

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Do we really need bows and arrows?? I think this demonstrates the inherant dangers that can be attributed to them, and in light of this......

I move that we ban the posession of bows/arrows, and any combination thereof.

For the children of course.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw a goose with an arrow through it walking around near the road today.  Both ends of the shaft were splintered, so it must have been in awhile.  Don't think that goose will be flyin' anytime soon.
And I was always worried in PE class that I would pull back too much on the arrow and let one go through my [i]hand[/i], not my head!  Ouch!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#5]
i bet he has a headache from that one.  ouch!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
o crap now those liberal b@stards are going to outlaw bows with a pound weight higher than 20# and all new arrows will not be accesable to citizens only to law enforcement.[grenade][whacko][whacko][whacko]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
How in the heck can that happen!?!

"Hold my beer, Jimmy... Hey BillyJoe! Go long and catch this here arrow!"
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Ya know what's gonna happen next is they are going to limit the carrying capacity of arrows, ban bayonet lugs, flash suppressors and folding stocks on our bows.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#9]
The best place for a little payback on your no good brother in law? Hunting!

Be sure to click on the three ouches!
Get a lawyer. Get a floor of lawyers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How in the heck can that happen!?!

"Hold my beer, Jimmy... Hey BillyJoe! Go long and catch this here arrow!"
View Quote
You have to admit,he does look like a nice 12pt buck.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#11]
i haven't checked out that site in a while, an ems buddy of mine showed me.  NOT for the weak stomached.  www.rotten.com
WARNING, VERY EXPLICIT.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Uggghh.  That removed section on the 3d "Ouch" is too thick to be just skin & fat (though the guy is a lardass), that's gotta be some skull there....
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#13]
My best friend shot me in the ass with my own bow and arrow once.  It was a kiddie model, with dull, target tips.  Thank God!

Left a nice welt though.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I hope he kicked the other guys ass after he got well.

View Quote

... I heard a version of the story where it was his brother that shot him.  Somewhere in Canada if I recall.  

If so he gets a double arse whooping.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ya know what's gonna happen next is they are going to limit the carrying capacity of arrows, ban bayonet lugs, flash suppressors and folding stocks on our bows.
View Quote

Not to mention bowstring silencers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 12:20:05 AM EDT
[#16]
No way that was an accident. That archer hit the [b]X [/b] ring! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:22:34 AM EDT
[#17]
There's something a little odd about those pics. Have you noticed that the last pic, the one with the arrowhead in the bone-plug-o-cranium, is apparently a THREE blade broadhead, while the other photos look like a FOUR blader?  

I'm wondering if that last pic may be of a different incident, because it's clearly a different type of arrowhead.

I suspect that the bone plug was replaced in the guy's head after the arrow was removed.  It wouldn't do to leave someone running around with a big honking hole in his skull.

You'd definitely want to keep the arrowhead as a trophy.

CJ

Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#18]
He wasn't paying attention to the "do not try this at home" line when he and his buddy were watching the trick-shooter at the state fair shoot an apple off of someone's head...
Seriously though, he's lucky. I've shot arrows through both side of hogs and had em stick 6 inches into the mud on the other side. That was either a weak bow or one helluva hard head !
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:52:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i haven't checked out that site in a while, an ems buddy of mine showed me.  NOT for the weak stomached.  www.rotten.com
WARNING, VERY EXPLICIT.
View Quote

Good ol' rotten.com is pretty tame compared to the stuff at ogrish.com.

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:55:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:03:52 AM EDT
[#21]

this happened in VT, last fall. we kinda laughed about it at work. well, us crazy ones did. probably high on grass we figured.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top