Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 3:32:58 PM EDT
... Remember that topic a couple weeks ago?  Well here's some proof that, at least I, wouldn't screw around with tales told in taverns regarding subject matter.

A local agency asked us to help them out.  They want to "armor" some of their cruisers.  Here you see 18 layers of coarse weave Kevlar we "appropriated" for a test for them.

Under hand    .357 Mag

Row (1)   9MM          .45ACP     .40S&W
Row (2)   5.56MM       .308       .5.56 tactical
Row (3)   12ga.00 buck .44Mag     12 ga. slug

Only row two penetrated
12 ga slug = extreme trauma

... so [b]don't[/b] be conducting any experiments on yourselves, OK guys?
[img]http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL83/513075/710375/8732626.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

What? You mean people are stupid?

Anybody remeber that joker a while back that did his own testing - by making his wife wear the vest while he shot her? Yeah buddy, this was the guy that wanted to know "if I was hit would I be able to return fire?" So he got his 98 #, no self respect having wife to don the vest and he shot her and she was to try to return fire with a paint ball gun. If I remeber the story correctly he worked his way up to a .38 before he broke her rib and they had to quit.

Fucking Amazing what some folk do.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember, stupid..but funny.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I remember, stupid..but funny.

Sgtar15
View Quote

Funny? Geezus, I have never laughed so fuck'n hard in my life - I still laugh about it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
The story you guys are referring as I recall was just a joke and that it never happened, but then again not everyone is the sharpest knife in the drawer..... [:D]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't Richie Davis from Second Chance used to shoot himself with a gun while wearing his vests?

Scott

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Which is why it is taught in the Mall Ninja Academy that it is necessary to duct tape a trauma plate on your chest/back to survive a 5.56 round.

If you don't believe me, ask Gecko45.[;)][;)]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Didn't Richie Davis from Second Chance used to shoot himself with a gun while wearing his vests?

Scott

View Quote

Not sure who it was, but there was a fellow from Second Chance that would...crazy b*stard!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmm, Boeing badge.  Is that you, Mr. Wolf?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#12]
... yep, it would be me
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:14:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott

View Quote

Not sure who it was, but there was a fellow from Second Chance that would...crazy b*stard!
View Quote

yes, that was /is richard davis the patent holder for soft concealable body armor.  he does it quite frequently, he came up with the concept when after his wife was robbed delivering pizzas in detroit, he got a pizza delivery call sounding very much like the one his wife got.  so he grabbed a .22 revolver and made the delivery, a gunfight ensued, and i believe he killed one of the suspects, wounded the other and was wounded himself. in his words "while lying in the hospital, i thought there has to be a better way."  and that's how it started.
he is a very friendly, amicable and nice guy, as well as saving the lives of countless individuals.
he also hosts the "second chance pin shoot" every year......
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The story you guys are referring as I recall was just a joke and that it never happened, but then again not everyone is the sharpest knife in the drawer..... [:D]
View Quote
Whats realllyyy scary is there are Doctors and Dentists out there suckin ya dry that graduated LAST in their class! [shock]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A low tech arrow from a compound bow will slide right through a vest (unless it has a trauma plate, of course). I've seen it demonstrated.
View Quote

We must band together to ban these deadly "assault arrows". or is it the "assault bow" that is to blame, after all would the arrow still penetrate without the bow's assistance??
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What? You mean people are stupid?

Anybody remeber that joker a while back that did his own testing - by making his wife wear the vest while he shot her? Yeah buddy, this was the guy that wanted to know "if I was hit would I be able to return fire?" So he got his 98 #, no self respect having wife to don the vest and he shot her and she was to try to return fire with a paint ball gun. If I remeber the story correctly he worked his way up to a .38 before he broke her rib and they had to quit.

Fucking Amazing what some folk do.
View Quote

Wasn't that what started the Mall Ninja?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top