Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 10:38:35 AM EDT
I bought my first chainsaw.  A Husqvarna 136.  Whoohoo!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#1]
we've been thinking about getting one.

can you give some more details about size, power, price, etc.

thanks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I bought my first chainsaw.  A Husqvarna 136.  Whoohoo!!!
View Quote

Get a ROOM!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Be careful with that thing, mon! You wouldn't want to have an accident with it and go back to becoming "less than a man"! [:D]

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#5]
And I thought this thread was going to be about nailing, not sawing... [:D]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
we've been thinking about getting one.

can you give some more details about size, power, price, etc.

thanks.
View Quote

Depends what you want to cut.  I have a lot of very mature bamboo that is fairly thick, and I need to cut a 5 foot wide path through it for about 100 feet.  I needed a smaller chainsaw so I could maneuver through the brush.  The [url=www.husqvarna.com]Husqvarna[/url] tools are awesome.  Not cheap, but well worth it.  The 136 is a smaller saw with a 14" bar.  They are very well rated, and have an excellent chain brake to prevent injury on kickback.  I haven't used this one yet, but I will within the next week.  Oh yeah, and for what it's worth, this saw was very highly rated by consumer reports.

Power - 36cc
Bar Length - 14"
Weight - 12.5lbs
Retail - $180

Hope this helps.  If you want a more visual comparison, let me know and I'll try and send you a chart with different brands and features.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Why are chainsaws always coming up?  [:)]
Just took down some big branches at the Father-in-law's last weekend.  Had a big branch hanging from where we had cut it.  I'm saying, "maybe we should get a rope on that thing."  He's cutting away and kicking at the half dead branches holding this thing up, pretty much ignoring my suggestions.  Well, one branch gives and the thing starts coming down, right at him!  All I could do is yell, "RUN! RUN! RUN!"  It was like it was going after him and I didn't want him to stop to look.  Lucky the divot was in the ground and not his head.  Sure got the ol' blood pumping!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Be careful with that thing, mon! You wouldn't want to have an accident with it and go back to becoming "less than a man"! [:D]

View Quote

Don't jinx me!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish...[V]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish...[V]
View Quote

Don't be too sad; at least you have a [i] very mature bamboo that is fairly thick[/i] :)
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Got me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top