Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 9:34:58 AM EDT
I went to the Rochester Gun Show, and if I learned anything there, it is:

Don't buy an M1 Garand from any dealer.  

I didn't buy one considering they are about $250+ overpriced, and that is for the stuff that you are not sure of.  You know, maybe a welded receiver, a head space of 10, throat erosion of 3+, etc.  

I saw a "Danish" going for $695.00.  A shooter, but the "Danish" were once given to Denmark after WWII.  Nothing wrong with that except these were disassembled, reassembled probably without matching parts.  Then sent here, and ended up in the CMP.  Billy Bubba tried to stop that. The problem I have with this is, these rifles as the lowest grade of M1 shooters available, and worth about $400.00.  

The next grade up are "service grade."  They are shooters with matching parts, maybe some replacement parts as needed in the past, and manufactured at the old Springfield Armory.  They generally go for $625.00 to $795.00, but are worth $500.00 to $525.00.

International Harvester, H&R, and Winchester are going for about $900.00 and up.  Those prices are about right for those rifles.

The lower prices I mentioned are available through CMP affiliated clubs to CMP competitors.

It might be worth the membership.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top