Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 9:09:53 AM EDT
This seems somewhat ironic, as the soccer moms whine and cry about kids being killed with guns (usually gangbangers anyway) they are busy drowning, stabbing, and poisining their own kids to death.  

[url]http://www.sacbee.com/24hour/nation/story/350446p-2869170c.html[/url]

[i]
WHEATON, Ill. (AP) - A woman who smothered her three children in their beds after feeding them drug-laced peanut butter was sentenced Monday to life in prison.
Marilyn Lemak, 44, was convicted in December of first-degree murder for killing the children - ages 3, 6 and 7 - in 1999 after a jury rejected her insanity defense. Prosecutors said she was seeking revenge against her estranged husband, who was dating another woman.
[/i]

How long until they have an interview on TV where they try and "understand" what disorder drove her to do this.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I can remember in L.A. they had several incidences of moms drowning her child in the surf at the beach. I can't say  specifically when though. This stuff is nder-reported and is long forgotten because the press wants to portray women/moms as kind, gentle and caring, that wouldn't hurt a hair on their children's body. And the news media over-report that men are the one who abuse their children.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
So what. They can bring you into the world and they should be able to take you out.
GG
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
So what. They can bring you into the world and they should be able to take you out.
GG
View Quote

lol.  i thought that was the father's line for keeping the kids in line.  [:D]

seriously, i think if the sentences for these women were as harsh as they could be, and if their families quit being so accepting of the acts, we might not have them at the current frequency.

it just gets my goat to hear that the husband or grandmother/father is "standing by" the woman.  yeah, obviously she's messed up in the head.  sane people don't kill their own children.  and you can forgive her if you're so inclined.  but do you really have to be there to protect her from the criminal justice system?  all i see is someone trying to make sure the crime goes unpunished.

why relatives get so pissed when a parent abuses the child, yet falls all over themselves trying to protect the murderer when same children end up dead is beyond me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top