Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2002 8:38:12 AM EDT
Anyone know of any good gunsmiths in Orange County?

Thanks,
John
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Got to [url]www.auctionarms.com[/url] and click on the "Find an FFL" tab. They also list gunsmiths, but by town, not county.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi John.

ARMUSA on State Colege has a guy they contract with for rifle work, they do night sights etc in the store.

Tussey Custom used to be in Orange, but he moved out of state,he did some great .45 work for me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Tussey Custom used to be in Orange, but he moved out of state,he did some great .45 work for me.
View Quote

I understand that Terry Tussey sub-contracts some of his work out. If you have him do work for you, I would definitely ask who is going to do the work, himself etc.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out Evan's Gunsmithing and Shooter's World: [url]www.egsw.com/gunsmith[/url]

Evan was a USMC armorer, and knows his stuff. They also have a great range. I haven't seen their new location, but he sold me my Benelli and did some work on my M1A for me. Great people.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Check out Evan's Gunsmithing and Shooter's World: [url]www.egsw.com/gunsmith[/url]

Evan was a USMC armorer, and knows his stuff. They also have a great range. I haven't seen their new location, but he sold me my Benelli and did some work on my M1A for me. Great people.
View Quote

I called Evan and he wants to charge me $225.00 to do some barrel work.[:O] I just want the muzzle break cut off and threaded to accept an a-2 FH. For $225, I can buy a NEW barrel.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you tried Bolsa Gunsmithing?  Don't have their number handy, but they are in the phone book.  They are on Bolsa Ave. half a block west of Beach Blvd. in Huntington Beach.  Nice people.  I think they are also an official warranty shop for Beretta.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Bolsa is crap i would rather smash my pistol/rifle on the ground before i took anything there.

Paper
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#9]
dunno if hes retired yet, but their is george at the gunsite in placentia.  

evans does good work, but they are expensive and i had a friend whos AR went in with a vortex FH and came out with a birdcage, completely unrelated to the work that was done on the gun, so at some point some unethical practices.

Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I have used George Mathews and Sons in Downey. I ahve been very happy with there work. (562)928-2129. They are off of the 5 near the corner of Florence and Paramount.

I have also used a place in Rowland Heights called Tuan's nice guys and it is worth the trip to see the shop. (
626) 913-6177    
1725 Nogales St # 105
Rowland Heights, CA  
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I can recommend Bains & Davis, San Gabriel Calif. They charge appropriately but they do an excellant job.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bolsa is crap i would rather smash my pistol/rifle on the ground before i took anything there.

Paper
View Quote

Gee, that's harsh.  Care to share you story?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top