Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 5:38:58 AM EDT

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of
Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to
people who are trying to kill me, my family,  and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for you to
know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from.

Major companies that import Middle Eastern oil:
(for the period 9/1/00-8/31/01).

Shell --- 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco --- 144,332,000
Exxon/Mobil ---130,082,000
Marathon ---117,740,000
Amoco --- 62,231,000

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo! --- 0 barrels
Sunoco --- 0 barrels
Conoco  --- 0 barrels
Sinclair --- 0 barrels
BP/Phillips --- 0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and can be easily documented.
Refineries located in the U.S. are required to state where they get their oil and how much they are
importing. They report on a monthly basis.

Keep this list in your car; share it with friends.
Stop paying for terrori
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
The BP near my house has Amoco signs posted all over it.

So do they import oil or not?

Do you have a link for this data?

Sounds like one of the many e-mail SPAM messages I get. Was this one followed by the "gas-out" e-mail?

Av.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top